Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby mvgulik » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:23 pm

Some MediaWiki info:

Included pages: One way to find (and go to) included pages (template or otherwise) on a particular page. Is to open that source page in edit mode and look at the "Templates used on this page:" list.
Although that list can be a bit much at first, as it contains all included pages (directly and Indirectly included). ("What links here" is the reverse)

Templates: Are just like other normal pages. ("templates:" namespace is there for organizing purposes)
Ie: Personal templates (like for experimentations) can also be placed and run from ones user-space. (Just make sure the call contains the proper namespace)
... Fun/Advanced stuff: Self calling pages are also possible (one recursion-level only though)
Last edited by mvgulik on Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:52 pm

I'm currently not a particular fan of a general contribute-reminder banner.
(I rather have quality than quantity in users)

(Banner(s) could be limited to visitors only ... I think (correct, but untested))
mvgulik

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:17 am

Butcher Cleaver -- looks like the formula is wrong or I can't math... not sure which. I had q44 block, 152 bone glue, 76 wrought iron. Anvil is q114, hammer 108. I expected q113, got q100 (values rounded on all except block of wood). I've tried without figuring in the glue, but i end up with something around q85 (didn't save the numbers on it). I certainly didn't softcap it--that would have to be in excess of 174. Any suggestions?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby KitsuneG » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:27 am

MagicManICT wrote:Butcher Cleaver -- looks like the formula is wrong or I can't math... not sure which. I had q44 block, 152 bone glue, 76 wrought iron. Anvil is q114, hammer 108. I expected q113, got q100 (values rounded on all except block of wood). I've tried without figuring in the glue, but i end up with something around q85 (didn't save the numbers on it). I certainly didn't softcap it--that would have to be in excess of 174. Any suggestions?

I calculated it few times to be sure, with your numbers its 99.75.. according to formula.
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:38 am

Thanks. I wasn't sure if my math was wrong or not. I even double checked my own numbers just to make sure I was plugging the right ones in in the right places.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby galkraft » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:57 am

This Wiki server appears to be down today. Does anyone have insight on this?
galkraft

Postby Justforthis » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:02 am

galkraft wrote:This Wiki server appears to be down today. Does anyone have insight on this?

People are saying it's permanently deleted, I don't know what their source is.
You don't love something despite its flaws, you love it because of its flaws. Something that isn't flawed isn't meant to be loved.

Perfect things allow only for indulgence, never love.
Justforthis

Postby borka » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:22 am

come on be patient and stop rumors please ... the owner will be contacted ...

it's not the first time that it's been down and got up again ... there are backups anyways so even if the owner decides he won't host it anymore someone else would ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Justforthis » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:19 pm

borka wrote:come on be patient and stop rumors please ... the owner will be contacted ...

it's not the first time that it's been down and got up again ... there are backups anyways so even if the owner decides he won't host it anymore someone else would ...

Can't say that i'm not spreading rumors because i have no idea if there is a chat, or what chat-program that even is. But people in the HH-chat are claiming that Jorb and Granger confirmed that the wiki is deleted in "the official hh-chat" or something. Something about wanting people to figure out recipes for themselves.

I hope the page is just down and that those are nothing but baseless rumours started by some twat. I'm not claiming A or O, I'm just relaying what I read in th HH chat. I don't know what someone would gain from lying about this, so I'm kinda hoping Jorb or Granger or anyone shows up to explain that it's all a lie.
You don't love something despite its flaws, you love it because of its flaws. Something that isn't flawed isn't meant to be loved.

Perfect things allow only for indulgence, never love.
Justforthis

Postby borka » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:40 pm

Did you talk to Mr Trump ?!? ¦]

Honestly even IF jorb and loftar would want to have it taken down it would be up at last with a notice about ...

Wait till one of the active admins (ricky, mv) have contacted the owner spiff who's not active since long ... and think about timezones ...
Last edited by borka on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?