Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby mvgulik » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:39 am

vatas wrote:
mvgulik wrote:
vatas wrote:You can move while holding something on your cursor by ALT+clicking

Have you actually checked that against the official/default HnH client :!: :?:

Nope, I just assumed that it's not something that Custom Client could change.

EDIT: I had to log into default for some other stuff and remembered this, it does work.

Not on my system.
mvgulik

Postby Reyajh » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:59 pm

mvgulik wrote:
Reyajh wrote:I noticed for 2 days now the wiki is down and it has been going down a lot lately... Is it monetary needs?

Suggest you check your connection. I for one have not seen any RoB outages recently myself.

Yea, it seems to be getting blocked I think only whenever I'm tethered thru my phone. I gotta figure it out.
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby vatas » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:19 pm

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Cleaned_Magpie
http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Clean_Adder_Carcass

Can you use wiki magic to auto-generate page like ones above for every cleaned/clean carcass page?

If it's not worth the hassle I'm alright with that.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:57 am

vatas wrote:Can you use wiki magic to auto-generate page (content) like ones above for every cleaned/clean carcass page?

If it's not worth the hassle I'm alright with that.

Depending on one's MediaWiki coding experience, using MW's Substitution should allow for that.
(some general coding, and MW parser functions, experience is highly advised in this case)

(For truly general playing/testing/learning MW stuff there is always the MW-Sandbox page/area, when needed)

In this case I personally would just open all 19 pages in a separate browser-window. See which pages can use this edit (ie: closing those I'm not going to edit). Than making all the edits, and double check them. And than when I'm happy with the edit on all the pages, start saving them. (There is no time limit on how long one can have a page open in edit mode. Ie: never rush, always take your time.)
mvgulik

Postby vatas » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:37 am

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Knarr_Dock should be renamed to "Ship Dock" (or technically migrated to page "Ship Dock" and change this to redirect.)

Posting about it here because I'm not sure if I may mess up something if I tried to do that myself.

Source/proof: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=69133
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:01 am

It's actually pretty simple. You should see a tab along the top next to 'edit' labeled 'move.' Click that and give the new name you want. The page should neatly change with a redirect added for the old page. I don't recall if links in other pages will need to be fixed (should work fine because of the redirect), but should probably be checked to make sure they point to the new page directly rather than through the redirect.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:39 am

MagicManICT wrote:It's actually pretty simple. You should see a tab along the top next to 'edit' labeled 'move.' Click that and give the new name you want. The page should neatly change with a redirect added for the old page. I don't recall if links in other pages will need to be fixed (should work fine because of the redirect), but should probably be checked to make sure they point to the new page directly rather than through the redirect.

Thanks, only thing that seems to have broken was the image, will fix.

vatas

Postby mvgulik » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:35 am

vatas wrote:Thanks, only thing that seems to have broken was the image, will fix.

... fixed. (including all other "Knarr Dock" text cases across RoB.*)

*)A simple straight forward text change I can apply globally across RoB. (or a bit less simple changes if it can be done with a Regular expression)
mvgulik

Postby vatas » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:44 pm

Sorry about that, I thought it would've been easy fix but I couldn't figure out an easy way of doing it after all.

vatas

Postby WowGain » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:45 pm

went ahead and added info for some of the stones that were missing levels of information that other ones had (pages, pavement/vein pictures)
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?