Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:59 pm

Justforthis wrote:
borka wrote:come on be patient and stop rumors please ... the owner will be contacted ...

it's not the first time that it's been down and got up again ... there are backups anyways so even if the owner decides he won't host it anymore someone else would ...

Can't say that i'm not spreading rumors because i have no idea if there is a chat, or what chat-program that even is. But people in the HH-chat are claiming that Jorb and Granger confirmed that the wiki is deleted in "the official hh-chat" or something. Something about wanting people to figure out recipes for themselves.

I'm not trying to beat you up over this. We've all made mistakes and saw something we thought was true but wasn't. This is the exact definition of "spreading rumors," though--repeating unsubstantiated information, even if it is true.

Also, I'm not an admin on the wiki... at least, I've never been given spiff's email or informed that I have admin privileges. I'd have sent an email off several hours ago when I first saw this issue.

SinJin wrote:Who has the CF Barter Stand that's taking Donations for the Wiki ? (or is it something entirely different and I'm remembering it incorrectly?)

You may be thinking of not_a_cat and his cookbook project.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby galkraft » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:07 pm

Yes, it does spoil some recipes. However, since things have to be relearned upon death or at least world resets, our "learning" is deleted all the time. This game requires documentation, or a superhuman memory, to play sanely. Wiki is there so that everyone doesn't have to duplicate efforts to make their own spreadsheets etc.

So if there's some decision to remove it permanently, it would be a bad decision. IMO.

EDIT: if this game was less reliant on ingredients, math, and statistics, then i wouldn't care as much.
Last edited by galkraft on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galkraft

Postby azrid » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:11 pm

People that want to can use the archived version of the page.
azrid

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:13 pm

galkraft wrote:Yes, it does spoil some recipes. However, since things have to be relearned upon death or at least world resets, our "learning" is deleted all the time. This game requires documentation, or a superhuman memory, to play sanely. Wiki is there so that everyone doesn't have to duplicate efforts to make their own spreadsheets etc.

So if there's some decision to remove it permanently, it would be a bad decision. IMO.

I'm stopping this discussion right here. Until we hear from spiff later today as to the status of the wiki, assume it'll be back up whatever time it takes. Sometimes it takes a couple of hours once he's aware of it, sometimes it has taken a few days. Continuing with the speculation is against everything that jorb and loftar has said about the community, and spiff has reiterated his willingness to continue hosting this website as long as needed multiple times in the past.

Further posts like this are off topic in this thread. If you feel the need to speculate or ruminate on the importance and life of the feel free to start a thread in The Inn.

azrid wrote:People that want to can use the archived version of the page.

And this. If you're truly lost, there's the waybackmachine, and Google's own archived search history.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby galkraft » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:30 pm

MagicManICT wrote:I'm stopping this discussion right here. Until we hear from spiff later today as to the status of the wiki, assume it'll be back up whatever time it takes. Sometimes it takes a couple of hours once he's aware of it, sometimes it has taken a few days. Continuing with the speculation is against everything that jorb and loftar has said about the community, and spiff has reiterated his willingness to continue hosting this website as long as needed multiple times in the past.

Further posts like this are off topic in this thread. If you feel the need to speculate or ruminate on the importance and life of the feel free to start a thread in The Inn.

Sorry about that. When I responded, I had since missed an entire page of posts. Also, thanks for bringing up the archive link. I searched and found it earlier in this thread.
galkraft

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Minor Update:
RoB's IP seems to become accessible again.
But getting RoB itself back on its feet will take some time (think hours).

So ... patients.
mvgulik

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:34 pm

Thanks for the update, mvqulik!
MagicManICT

Postby KitsuneG » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:38 pm

SinJin wrote:

Who has the CF Barter Stand that's taking Donations for the Wiki ? (or is it something entirely different and I'm remembering it incorrectly?)

It is my stand, and yea it mostly for not_a_cat's cookbook, i planning to collect some CF value and buy ingredients for cookbook on left stand. But it's just a test, asked to rethink a system.. nwm, when i finish the stand i will make a post and discord notification.
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby pawnchito » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:41 am

man its crazy how useful this tool is.
pawnchito

Postby mvgulik » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:41 am

Update:
RoB's Back Online.

(... all seems back to normal)
mvgulik