Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby Amex32 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:02 pm

A LOT of information is missing from wiki, like it was reseted or smthing, we really need it, and its done.
Amex32

Postby mvgulik » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:09 pm

KitsuneG wrote:First: When you use wrong/old information and outdate all forage with wrong terrains(maybe about 1.5-2 years ago)

Did I? I don't think I did, and if I did it was based on information coming from somewhere else on RoB.
Ergo: There must have been two sets of data on the same subject, which I think is a bad thing, as it: 1) breeds outdated information. and 2) affects the credibility of both data sets.
I also don't recall any complaints about wrong or outdated data. I'm sure I would have fixed something like that if would have known.

KitsuneG wrote:i even don't understand why you can't revert it back(doesnt matter anymore) and i was need again update every page. in that case i didn't saw any useful thing implemented.

I think that in that case I had created a temporary data test/checkup page for others to preview and check the data. Not sure how much feedback I got, but recall I was also waiting for feedback from you. But after a while (not sure how long). I implemented the change. Only than did you complain about something (don't recall the complained specifics, but I seem to recall some "you waiting for me", and "I waiting for you" hickup).

KitsuneG wrote:Second: A lot of data was corrupted when you decide to change . to : in curio time - ofc maybe it really affect something important - but it worked many years before and was not really needed in my eyes. Looks just like you didn't like it.

Yes I change and enforce a none ambiguous time input format for curio's (and also explained to you why). Anyway in a nutshell. At some point I detected that curio-times where a mix of of "12.34" hours-decimal data and "12.34" hour & minutes data (and that there where already cases where different users where updating that data from one to the other format) Ergo: Bad due to a ambiguous notation format. And again, a ambiguity like this effects the credibility of all the data in that set. I also created a temporary page for this with the related data and the option to correct them (on one page, for easy updating). Any I took care of completing any times that could not be anything other than a hour-decimal (ie: "12.7")

KitsuneG wrote:Again i need to check every single curio to update their time.

Well, nobody forced you I think. But yes, that is the down side of slow and random data corruption. You can't be sure of any of the potential effected data any more, and they all need (or should in this case) be re-checked. (that's why data corruption/ambiguity is so nasty)

Are you only going to tell incomplete and one sided stories here ?

(other notes)
* Yea, I probably have really poor bedside manners, especially when I'm agitated. which is probably related to my very low tolerance for BS. Which might make me act to quickly on stuff that seems wrong by intent to me. (Ricky triggered all of them more than ones.)
* Admin status is not intended as a appreciation medal. And it comes, in my view at least, with certain responsibilities. I might take it to serious, Ricky seemed to not care about that part at all. (only the medal part)
mvgulik

Postby KitsuneG » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:17 pm

mvgulik wrote:On the up side you don't have to worry about me for a long time, ... As I am on a undetermined long sabbatical from RoB.

Bye.
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby shubla » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:58 am

Audiosmurf wrote:
donatas081294 wrote:who fucked up the foraging section on ring of brodgar? http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Foraging

Can't believe they nerfed foraging again.

Love this wonderful functional wiki. Who's ever heard of using a sandbox page to make sure things work? :lol:

Testing in production is best way to test things, because you will soon notice if it doesn't work like it should!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby mvgulik » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:48 pm

shubla wrote:Testing in production is best way to test things, because you will soon notice if it doesn't work like it should!

BS.
Its the final way of testing to see if you did a good job in some initial test/sandbox page/setup.
And if done right you can test just about anything without even having to hit the save button. (potential test properties and potential additional setup files excluded)
Testing directly and only in the production files is just plain lazy and generally inconsiderate.
mvgulik

Postby donatas081294 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:08 pm

why do my crafted fur boots have message under quality saying "memories of pain"? it in the craft menu it doesn't say that.
donatas081294

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:36 pm

donatas081294 wrote:why do my crafted fur boots have message under quality saying "memories of pain"? it in the craft menu it doesn't say that.

Did you bother to search for the message in the wiki? http://ringofbrodgar.com/w/index.php?ti ... Pain&go=Go

Please reserve this thread for issues that cannot be found on the wiki. Feel free to direct general questions here or here.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:30 am

Wiki is just the worst these days. Elk dog requires raw venison, but raw venison site doesn't show 'that you can make elk dog from it!
Its not only noy being updated, but the data that already is in wiki doesnt work :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Ysh » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:19 pm

shubla wrote:Wiki is just the worst these days. Elk dog requires raw venison, but raw venison site doesn't show 'that you can make elk dog from it!
Its not only noy being updated, but the data that already is in wiki doesnt work :cry: :cry: :cry:

When will new shubla wiki be available, created automatically from data collection of pasta client?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Vegan420 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:02 pm

MagicManICT wrote:We need a good, basic tutorial that is easy to edit and maintain, not an in-depth guide such as what Sevenless wrote several years ago and has been difficult to keep updated. That's where basic information like this should preside, not on every other page about water, every other page about mining supports, etc. It's what gets wikis out of date and difficult to maintain. I'm not going to be one to write such a tutorial, at least not all of it. I'll be glad to contribute my portion if someone wants to organize a writing group.

I'm also not going to be the one to clutter the wiki more with redundant information in differing locations. As far as the wiki goes, I'm just an occasional contributor, and not one of the admin.

You spent more time arguing than the amount of time it would of helped to add RELEVANT information to the wiki.
My opinion is that this is definitely relevant to the mine support page as it is relevant to how the mine supports work.
They take damage from cave-in tiles, something that should be mentioned.
I literally got knocked out twice in W11 because this was not mentioned on the wiki and i couldn't figure out why i was getting cave ins when mining WITH supports. The wiki gave the impression that the supports would give you 100% protection from cave ins.
Not only did this confuse me, but this also confused my girlfriend. We both read the wiki.

Also the current state of the wiki is abominable.
Animal hide has tons of recipes but the wiki only lists like 10
wtf is going on
Vegan420

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?