Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby Turtlesir » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:41 pm

i'm a little confused about links.

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Ring_of_B ... earchNames
^ is this page regenerated manually? it doesn't seem like anyone besides mvgulik has edited it ever. i guess i shouldn't edit it with redirects?

should i relink all pages linked to a legacy page to the updated page? that's gonna get real messy.
Turtlesir

Postby Vertine » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:50 pm

Turtlesir wrote:should i relink all pages linked to a legacy page to the updated page? that's gonna get real messy.

Right now, there isn't a clear consensus or opinion on how to properly handle Legacy pages. As I pointed out, the Dwarf Fortress Wiki handles previous version content pretty well and seems to be a good model to follow if we can figure out how to implement it.
Vertine

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:11 pm

As of now, people can get old versions of DF and play them, so having access to that information is vital. While this may hold true for w7 currently, it will eventually get shut down. Is there really a need to archive old information?

Turtlesir wrote:i'm a little confused about links.

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Ring_of_B ... earchNames
^ is this page regenerated manually? it doesn't seem like anyone besides mvgulik has edited it ever. i guess i shouldn't edit it with redirects?

Relevant information:

This page is not intended/designed to be opened, or to be searched manually.

This is a page of typos, alternate spellings, and other ways to get wanted information directly without going to search results first. No, it shouldn't be edited unless you want to add in a commonly used form of something that is different than its page name.

-----
I've noticed some pages are still 100% accurate and probably don't need to be moved. I've refrained from doing anything with these pages. I think they should probably just get the "legacy" tag removed and remain in place.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Kelody » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:28 am

While not optimal, old websites can be viewed from http://archive.org.
Kelody

Postby Turtlesir » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:34 am

MagicManICT wrote:Relevant information:

This page is not intended/designed to be opened, or to be searched manually.

This is a page of typos, alternate spellings, and other ways to get wanted information directly without going to search results first. No, it shouldn't be edited unless you want to add in a commonly used form of something that is different than its page name.

i know, that was the point, but it looks like it's generated by code which means any edits i make are probably lost when it gets regenerated. was just making sure.
Turtlesir

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:49 pm

My understanding is that you can add in frequent typos and alternate terms to it. I'd have to check documentation to make sure.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby SpakyPD » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:12 am

Is anyone able to update the Food metaobject to accept hunger as a %, and have a section to show stamina gain?

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Liver_%26_Onions

Also probably something to include Satiate info.

Is there anything else missing for Food info?
SpakyPD

Postby SpakyPD » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:14 am

Now that I look more into this it would be really helpful if someone could upload an image of each of the Satiations' icons.
SpakyPD

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:08 am

SpakyPD wrote:Is anyone able to update the Food metaobject to accept hunger as a %, and have a section to show stamina gain?

Looking at the way it is designed, I'm not sure. Something might be able to be done with it.

In the mean time, leave it as a raw number with no extra characters

edit: looks like someone fixed it in the template.
MagicManICT

Postby ApocalypsePlease » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:44 am

MagicManICT wrote:edit: looks like someone fixed it in the template.

I made a working solution for the time being. The percentage sign will show up next to the number you input, so don't try to add a % of your own. Changing it this way instead of changing the type for the hunger property is more ideal as it will not stop the Stamina/Hunger calculation someone added.

Still working on making XP Cost, Stamina and Stamina/Hunger not try to link to pages.
Inactive
ApocalypsePlease

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?