Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby vatas » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:36 am

Thanks @mvgulik for fixing Diabase paving image, Diorite and Slate most likely need similar fix.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:18 pm

vatas wrote:Diorite and Slate most likely need similar fix.

There are actually 15+ cases like that.
But there also has been some core changes to the raw texture images in the resource files, which is higher on my "see about doing something with that on RoB" list. (still in drawing-board mode though)
mvgulik

Postby vatas » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:53 pm

Understood, it's being taken care of (eventually) so I'll stop bothering about it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:13 am

I received the following PM (name removed):

i remmember that you were changing the wikia on some old stuf and things that doesnt show.

i have 1

a nidbane not always execute you. confirmed ;)

I've not done enough with nidbanes to know the details well enough to put my name to such a change. I'm pretty sure they don't kill 100% of the time and it depends on the crime they were summoned for, but not sure enough. If anyone else is willing to share specifics or data on it, you can PM me or post here. (I will add it to the talk page so it is visible as something that needs further investigation.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Phaen » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:18 pm

My character is clean-shaven but I'd like to have a beard someday. Will my facial hair grow over time?
Phaen

Postby shubla » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:21 pm

Phaen wrote:My character is clean-shaven but I'd like to have a beard someday. Will my facial hair grow over time?

No, but you can get one with a Dressing Table.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby vatas » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:20 am

To clarify, your character gradually raises a hidden "hair grown" value that doesn't directly affect your appearance at all but can be "spent" at a Dresssing Table to change hair and beard styles.

vatas

Postby vatas » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:34 pm

We may need separate "water terrain" -page still.

water - Shallow (fresh) water - Shallow River or Lake
deepwater Deep (fresh) water -Deep River or Lake
owater -Shallow Sea - Coastlines
odeep - Deep Sea
odeeper -High Seas

vatas

Postby mvgulik » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:29 am

+ Globally applying of those water terrain names across RoB. (Legacy stuff excluded of course)

Not to sure about the "(fresh)" part myself, as target default standard.
But ... Its generally easier to adjust/change/remove that part than to add it in later.
mvgulik

Postby TheServant » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:55 pm

The wiki is really neat, i feel like i'm playing the game while browsing through, so much satisfying.
TheServant

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?