Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby mamotromico » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:27 am

I've posted on the FEP talk page, but the wiki is pretty slow, so I'll post here too:

I've started to update some of the foods with information I have collected on spreadsheets, and I created the Roasted Badger page. It is properly categorized as [[Category:Food], but the FEP Table is not pulling the information from it. How can I fix this?

Edit: How can I make sure that the Legacy pages keep using Legacy images? I can see that the images on infobox are gathered automatically, so Legacy:Farming is using the new Farming image, but I want it to use the Legacy one, which was properly renamed to LegacyFarming.jpg I believe.
mamotromico

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:19 am

mamotromico wrote:I've started to update some of the foods with information I have collected on spreadsheets, and I created the Roasted Badger page. It is properly categorized as [[Category:Food], but the FEP Table is not pulling the information from it. How can I fix this?

If I recall correctly, the tables can take a bit of time to populate fully. Information needs to be indexed, etc. I read this at one time, but it's been a while. I recall something like "give it 24 hours," and I think that is dependent on processing speed and such of the server.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Spiff » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:34 pm

SemanticWiki gets a little flustered with moving pages and stuff (and also noting that it isn't currently set up to be enabled on the Legacy pages, but I can if demand is there).

I rebuilt the SemanticWiki stuff, should be working now.

Also, re: links to Legacy Pages, I'll make a second copy of the OutdatedPage template that's for new articles that just links to the Legacy stuff.
Spiff

Postby mamotromico » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:03 pm

Spiff wrote:Also, re: links to Legacy Pages, I'll make a second copy of the OutdatedPage template that's for new articles that just links to the Legacy stuff.

Awesome, thank you!
mamotromico

Postby Silushun » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:11 pm

Is it possible to edit it to help out with filling in new infomation?
Silushun

Postby sabinati » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:20 pm

yes that is generally the point of wikis
sabinati

Postby Silushun » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:21 pm

I didn't know I had to create an account my bad.
Silushun

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:40 am

From viewtopic.php?f=42&t=42452#p553817:

mamotromico wrote:I can confirm that for armor each quality have a different purpose. Wear is based on Vit, Substance affect absorption and Essence is deflection, although I could not confirm essence yet
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby mamotromico » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:06 am

MagicManICT wrote:From viewtopic.php?f=42&t=42452#p553817:

mamotromico wrote:I can confirm that for armor each quality have a different purpose. Wear is based on Vit, Substance affect absorption and Essence is deflection, although I could not confirm essence yet

To complement, that formulas are

Wear = WearBase * (Vit/10)

Abs = AbsBase * sqrt(Sub/10)

And I'm suposing that Deflection is also

Def = DefBase * sqrt(Ess/10)
mamotromico

Postby Sevenless » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:36 pm

10/10/10 stone axe did 43
9/14/13 stone axe did 47
10/15/10 stone axe did 49

Pretty conclusive evidence that melee weapon damage is based off substance. Tested at 43 str.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?