Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby ApocalypsePlease » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:08 am

Sevenless wrote:Do we have any active wiki workers? (I know magic said he was working on it at least) And is there anyone that can access the protected pages if they need modification?

I've been keeping an eye on it and I haven't seen much change in the past month.

Right now all I am doing is keeping track of the edits others are making. There are other things that take priority for my grunt work time right now, but I see myself having more time available for these things in the near future.

I'll start with the curios stuff, I still haven't gathered up the information I want for food though. Those are the top 2 priorities in addition to anything quality formula related.

I have access to protected pages, but the only real protected page there is is the front page and it needs no edits right now AFAIK.
Inactive
ApocalypsePlease

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:34 am

I've not been real clear on what to do with legacy pages since w7 is still available. (edit: just moving the pages is bad form as much of the information on several of those pages is valid. Why hasn't a discussion thread for the wiki overall been started?)

Also, main page could use a world 8 map link. Looks like it's public now. http://map.apxeolog.com/
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Turtlesir » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:29 pm

yeah i have the same reservations. also how do people coordinate this stuff? for example the Tree page says "Note: This table is outdated and is in the process of being updated.", but i have my own records, should i update the page with them or wait until it gets edited, and then add what is missing?
Turtlesir

Postby sabinati » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:28 pm

Spiff wrote:Yeah, sorry if that wasn't clear. Old Haven articles should be moved to Legacy:<Whatever>. The existing articles should then be updated with new info and stuff.
sabinati

Postby ApocalypsePlease » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:59 pm

MagicManICT wrote:I've not been real clear on what to do with legacy pages since w7 is still available. (edit: just moving the pages is bad form as much of the information on several of those pages is valid. Why hasn't a discussion thread for the wiki overall been started?)

All pages marked as outdated should be moved to the legacy namespace. If there happens to be information that is still valid on them, use this information to start the new Hafen page.

Also, main page could use a world 8 map link. Looks like it's public now. http://map.apxeolog.com/

Updated.

Turtlesir wrote:yeah i have the same reservations. also how do people coordinate this stuff? for example the Tree page says "Note: This table is outdated and is in the process of being updated.", but i have my own records, should i update the page with them or wait until it gets edited, and then add what is missing?

You should update it with any information you have
Inactive
ApocalypsePlease

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:26 pm

ApocalypsePlease wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:I've not been real clear on what to do with legacy pages since w7 is still available. (edit: just moving the pages is bad form as much of the information on several of those pages is valid. Why hasn't a discussion thread for the wiki overall been started?)

All pages marked as outdated should be moved to the legacy namespace. If there happens to be information that is still valid on them, use this information to start the new Hafen page.

Thanks. I started an article on the Community Portal for discussion of this. I think there may be more issues than just this come up.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby cerulean19 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:53 am

ApocalypsePlease wrote:
Turtlesir wrote:yeah i have the same reservations. also how do people coordinate this stuff? for example the Tree page says "Note: This table is outdated and is in the process of being updated.", but i have my own records, should i update the page with them or wait until it gets edited, and then add what is missing?

You should update it with any information you have

I took some quick screenshots of trees and updated the tree page, because I kept wanting to be able to use it as a reference. I'm missing 5 or so, and I'll have time later to fill most of them in.
cerulean19

Postby The_Lich_King » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:58 pm

Ok so i have been doing some controlled experiments with crops and some curios and have found that:
Carrots: Essence mostly effects how much energy is refilled but slightly effects how much hunger is filled.
Substance mostly effects how much hunger is used but also slightly effects both energy and how much FEP it gives.
Vitality largely effects how much FEP is given.

Now how i did these experiments ,just in case you are wondering, is i used low Q seeds from WWW to get a base E10 S10 V10 carrot then i went and did they same process to get a E11 S10 V16 carrot and did the same till i had them all with one primary attribute and examined the differences. These do not only apply to carrots alone tho i have done they same in beetroots and pumpkins and believe that they are the same as carrots.

Now i have also done controlled experiments with dragonflies and have discovered that (although i am not positive and need to do some more work so i might be wrong)

Vitality: effects time i believe i am not sure. when i used base V10 dragonflies it took little over 2 hours to get done VS. Q25 which took just under 2 hours.
Substance and Essence both effect lp gain but i am not sure what effects more yet.

These dragonfly rules i have found apply to most but not all. crafted curios seem to be affected differently and so do fated curios.
This is all i have right now but i will keep doing more controlled experiments for Wiki.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby ApocalypsePlease » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:45 am

The_Lich_King wrote:(things about qualities)

From my understanding, substance decreases hunger on food, and vitality increases feps as they go up. I'll look into what you're saying, I would appreciate your data here :)

Curiosities also have a known formula that is consistent. I am also under the assumption that stat gains on armor use the same modifier, this is probably the most common way all three qualities are weighted together.

On the topic of qualities, armor is very simple: Essence affects deflection (X of X/Y) and Substance affects absorption (Y of X/Y) in the usual square root manner (Q40 is twice as effective as Q10), and Vitality affects wear linearly (Q40 is four times as effective as Q10). Legacy follows the exact same system except all are tied to the one quality.
Inactive
ApocalypsePlease

Postby RedKGB » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:44 am

Mid Size mulberry trees produce 129 leafs.

Now if this is reset at each stage of growrth, or is cumultive I do not know, I gorgot to start a control tree when do this test, so result need to be verified.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?