quality

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

quality

Postby mobtown » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:20 am

not sure how to word this so work with me here. as my skills increase I'm starting to see one of the 3 qualities increase while the rest stay at 10 for the most part. why is that? how to keep them balanced?
when I say 3 qualities I mean on the items that I receive for foraging etc
mobtown

Re: quality

Postby satinembers » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:11 am

Each foraged item has their own quality node that determines essence/substance/vitality. Foraged items are hardcapped by survial, so as that goes up you'll find items with better stats.

It's possible (and desierable) to find areas that have nodes that already have each quality boosted. It's also possible to grind quality on some foragables, but that's a long process. it's the only way to raise quality of trees. And one of the most important processes for farming.
satinembers

Postby mobtown » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:10 am

I am seeing the increase with my survival but its only on one of the qualities.. and sometimes its on vit other times its on ess I'm just wondering if there is meaning in the madness
mobtown

Postby Mashadar » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:38 am

mobtown wrote:I am seeing the increase with my survival but its only on one of the qualities.. and sometimes its on vit other times its on ess I'm just wondering if there is meaning in the madness

There are three types of quality nodes for each of the stats that are randomly distributed on the map. Nodes of different types may overlap, but usually they don't.
Mashadar

Postby TwentyThree » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:42 am

Mashadar wrote:
mobtown wrote:I am seeing the increase with my survival but its only on one of the qualities.. and sometimes its on vit other times its on ess I'm just wondering if there is meaning in the madness

There are three types of quality nodes for each of the stats that are randomly distributed on the map. Nodes of different types may overlap, but usually they don't.

This is correct. You need to be lucky enough, or have enough time, to find an area where three nodes overlap each other close to their centres.
TwentyThree

Return to How do I?