Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread

Postby InfernoI » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:21 am

You can have multiple claims at the same time. They each make you hold a claim bond however so it's a bad idea later in the game to have too many claims on your main.

Tags: Claim, Claims
InfernoI

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:22 am

You don't need to keep the bond in your study. Keeping it in the study only gives you free upkeep (as long as you're studying curios). You can always fill the claim up directly with LP from your free pool.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby bojackson » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:38 pm

if a player kills and takes the bond, what exactly happens? Because when my friend inherited, she had another bond in her study.
Ohhh that's how I make a sig, cool
bojackson

Postby Granger » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:37 pm

bojackson wrote:if a player kills and takes the bond, what exactly happens? Because when my friend inherited, she had another bond in her study.

In case you don't inherit the claim will go to the one holding the bond in inventory for 96h.

With this mechanic you can turn over claims to other people, more or less willingly.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Strandmullen » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:43 am

I don't know if this is new or was in Legacy Haven, anyway:

Splitting a block into branches will give the branches the average quality of your axe and the block.
This can be useful for getting higher quality fuel, axes and so on.

Tags: Split, branch, quality

I tested with q14 stone axe and q10 block. I got 10 carpentry so I don't see any hard/soft cap from that, although my survival was way above, so perhaps that will cap.
Strandmullen

Postby romovs » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:56 am

It's possible to open two adjacent cupboards simultaneously when standing in the middle

Tags: cupboard, containers
romovs

Postby ZeggyZon » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:00 am

Actually you can open up to three cupboards at the same time. You might be able to open six if they're positioned just right. You can also open more than one stock pile, tanning tub, and drying rack too.

You can also fish from an opened container or multiple opened containers.

ZZ
ZeggyZon

Postby Alzuule » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:05 am

This is probably reasonably well known by now but im sure plenty of people doesnt know yet so.

You can fully block a badgers attack when you have 45 UA with a single defence move, 30+ agility should be aquired before trying if you arent confident you can do with less. Can also be done with less depending on how much armor you have on, more armor = less UA needed to not take damage/armor tearing. A fox is slightly easier so i'd guess that 40 UA would be fine for those. Foxes run very early so either fight on grasslands where you can sprint or fight while on horseback. Killing badgers can give you the Knock Its Teeth Out move which is very nice, and of course gives agility/con food + hides for badger vest, which gives armor while being wearable under an actual armor item and +2 agility.
Alzuule

Postby Raffeh » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:35 am

Alzuule wrote:This is probably reasonably well known by now but im sure plenty of people doesnt know yet so.

You can fully block a badgers attack when you have 45 UA with a single defence move, 30+ agility should be aquired before trying if you arent confident you can do with less. Can also be done with less depending on how much armor you have on, more armor = less UA needed to not take damage/armor tearing. A fox is slightly easier so i'd guess that 40 UA would be fine for those. Foxes run very early so either fight on grasslands where you can sprint or fight while on horseback. Killing badgers can give you the Knock Its Teeth Out move which is very nice, and of course gives agility/con food + hides for badger vest, which gives armor while being wearable under an actual armor item and +2 agility.

Marc,

Clarification on which this 1 move is? I tend to use Blue, green and yellow defences? and I do not know any defence moves which provide defence to all these items?

:)
TRAITORS WILL BE SHOT.
Raffeh

Postby insanechef » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:03 pm

if you butt right up to an animal and click on it with clover you (usually) feed it instantly

Tags: clover, mouflon, auroch, horse
Last edited by insanechef on Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
insanechef

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?