Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Postby Aceb » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:46 am

buzzardpl wrote:I dont know if it was here , but I do this to prevent animals from fleeing away:

Start combat.
Click peace button in upper right corner of the screen
Beat the animal . Attack key prepared. Animal start fleeing and combat ends.
I click on the fleeing animal with Attack button .
If I hit and is not very far away, The new combat begins. Animal charges to me again :)
Finishing move! (of course be again prepared he may start flee again sometimes).

Yeah but it costs You LP You would normally get (not much so...) and there's high chance your animal might bleed out if You have a quest for it.
In rare cases, when done wrong animal will either flee or smack You if You aren't prepared. Seen it happen.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby uncleseano » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:26 am

You can make a 'Cooking Station' that is a horse shoe/U Shape of barrels.

With 3 barrels on front and 2 on each side you can access water, barley & wheat flour, batter, milk all at the same time by opening all at once.

With a frying pan and sack in hand you've negated pretty much all of the running around needed when cooking
uncleseano

Postby fogwip » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:24 pm

tip: You can milk animals with a barrel, if you get tired of using a bucket. just pick up the barrel and right click your lifestock.

tags: Animals, Efficiency
fogwip

Postby sneq » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:23 pm

jordancoles wrote:Pave a patch of ground and then do this to quickly dispose of old soil stockpiles

Just use Destroy on stockpiles, it's much faster.
World 10: Hermit - Trollhand Castle
World 11: Lawspeaker - Falcon Bay
sneq

Postby Cimmera » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:04 pm

I've done multiple searches and looked thru the thread and didn't see this one yet but from observation when you plant your garden pave the border to prevent the creeping in of grass from happening so fast. I'm mean it dramatically slows it down. Go from plowing every couple days when you replant to plowing every week or more. Saves time and wear and tear on your plow which means fewer repairs and lowered repair cost
Cimmera

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:55 pm

I didn't see it listed here (at least, a thread search showed 0 results), so here it is...

You can get discoveries for any metal as long as you know the recipe for "bar of metal" or "metal nuggets" for any one type of metal by processing the ones you don't know from bar to nugget and back to bar (or in reverse order if you have the 10 nuggets) at a lit crucible.

tags: Discovery, Nugget, Bar, Any Metal.

This is one of those "almost too common to think about listing." I'm not sure who first posted it to the forums all those years ago back when I first started playing. To whomever first said it, credit is due, and thanks!
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jock » Wed May 01, 2019 12:39 am

MagicManICT wrote:I didn't see it listed here (at least, a thread search showed 0 results), so here it is...

You can get discoveries for any metal as long as you know the recipe for "bar of metal" or "metal nuggets" for any one type of metal by processing the ones you don't know from bar to nugget and back to bar (or in reverse order if you have the 10 nuggets) at a lit crucible.

tags: Discovery, Nugget, Bar, Any Metal.

This is one of those "almost too common to think about listing." I'm not sure who first posted it to the forums all those years ago back when I first started playing. To whomever first said it, credit is due, and thanks!

This also works for the credo quest to aquire metal.
jock

Postby Cimmera » Wed May 01, 2019 3:47 pm

uncleseano wrote:You can make a 'Cooking Station' that is a horse shoe/U Shape of barrels.

With 3 barrels on front and 2 on each side you can access water, barley & wheat flour, batter, milk all at the same time by opening all at once.

With a frying pan and sack in hand you've negated pretty much all of the running around needed when cooking

You can also set this up around rope walks, looms, cauldrons for bone glue, pretty much anything you will need multiple items for or multiple stacks of the same item. I can get up to 5 stacks around my loom to access while making cloth. So much more efficient :) Great tip!
Cimmera

Postby Agrik » Thu May 02, 2019 11:04 am

jordancoles wrote:Tip No. 85:
burnemall wrote:Did you know that lifted bushes of all kind can be stored in a cart like any other object?

Edit: This may or may not still work as of January 2018

Tags: Storage, pro tip
Checked this one. It still works at least with bog-myrtle, 02.05.19.
Agrik

Postby Twystedsyxx » Sat May 11, 2019 7:31 am

So, I just found out that by left clicking in your inventory with a lit firebrand, you can get ashes. I hope this is helpful info.
Twystedsyxx

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?