Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Postby Granger » Sat May 11, 2019 7:45 am

Twystedsyxx wrote:So, I just found out that by left clicking in your inventory with a lit firebrand, you can get ashes. I hope this is helpful info.

You only get a tiny amount, it's way easier to burn a wrap in the fireplace or dough in an oven.

Cimmera wrote:I've done multiple searches and looked thru the thread and didn't see this one yet but from observation when you plant your garden pave the border to prevent the creeping in of grass from happening so fast. I'm mean it dramatically slows it down. Go from plowing every couple days when you replant to plowing every week or more. Saves time and wear and tear on your plow which means fewer repairs and lowered repair cost
Having the field borders paved and no trees nearby (which will turn plowed tiles to natural biome within a certain range on a decay hit) will give you a permanent field that dosn't need to be re-plowed at all.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Twystedsyxx » Sat May 11, 2019 8:40 am

Granger wrote:
Twystedsyxx wrote:So, I just found out that by left clicking in your inventory with a lit firebrand, you can get ashes. I hope this is helpful info.
You only get a tiny amount, it's way easier to burn a wrap in the fireplace or dough in an oven.

I was considering more for the material waste aspect. This way, you gain useful material and possibly the discovery of ash, if you're new/using a fresh alt.
Twystedsyxx

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri May 24, 2019 12:33 am

Twystedsyxx wrote:
Granger wrote:

I was considering more for the material waste aspect. This way, you gain useful material and possibly the discovery of ash, if you're new/using a fresh alt.

Arguable that holding onto the firebrand and praying for the "hold a firebrand for x seconds" experience is worth more than the two branches/ash.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Ants » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:40 am

Benches make managing animal pens much easier. They can function as a gate hearthlings can pass through but not animals. You just sit on them then stand up on whichever side you prefer.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby pawnchito » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:32 am

This is game changing for me and my crew. If you heard the Obscenities our sweet sweet grandma time yells about the friggin' cows escaping...
pawnchito

Postby TheOriginalFive » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:27 am

Cimmera wrote:I've done multiple searches and looked thru the thread and didn't see this one yet but from observation when you plant your garden pave the border to prevent the creeping in of grass from happening so fast. I'm mean it dramatically slows it down. Go from plowing every couple days when you replant to plowing every week or more. Saves time and wear and tear on your plow which means fewer repairs and lowered repair cost

To add on to this, pave all sides, even the corners! Biomes will sneak in through the corners.
TheOriginalFive

Postby vardana » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:19 pm

Hey, i got a problem with automatic drinking during farming. It doesnt work. How to disable it. My character doesnt use any waterskin, on what ever belt it would be. So its just stoping forever, before i move him again. Its absolutely unplayable.
vardana

Postby iamahh » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:38 pm

vardana wrote:Hey, i got a problem with automatic drinking during farming. It doesnt work. How to disable it. My character doesnt use any waterskin, on what ever belt it would be. So its just stoping forever, before i move him again. Its absolutely unplayable.

drag waterskin to a key shortcut(1-10)
iamahh

Postby Prowny » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:27 pm

Ants wrote:Benches make managing animal pens much easier. They can function as a gate hearthlings can pass through but not animals. You just sit on them then stand up on whichever side you prefer.

Neat trick :D
loftar wrote:The tears in this thread are so delicious
Prowny

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:42 am

Ants wrote:Benches make managing animal pens much easier. They can function as a gate hearthlings can pass through but not animals. You just sit on them then stand up on whichever side you prefer.

good idea would be to add a gate next to said bench in case the fuckers completely block the bench
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?