Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Postby Headchef » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:19 am

wonder-ass wrote:
Ants wrote:Benches make managing animal pens much easier. They can function as a gate hearthlings can pass through but not animals. You just sit on them then stand up on whichever side you prefer.

good idea would be to add a gate next to said bench in case the fuckers completely block the bench

The entire fence should be benches to be honest
Headchef

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:54 pm

So... jorb just shared a bit of "hidden" knowledge with us today:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=65957&p=836588#p836526

jorb wrote:Protip: Hotkeyed items do not get built into anything.

belt, building, construction, inventory, materials
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Vulgarr » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:55 pm

I've seen a lot of talk about how to efficiently remove/destroy logs en masse...

One way is to start the process to make one into a dugout- but don't burn it. Just do the destroy command. You can break a log cut into a dugout without it being a fully functional dugout.
Vulgarr

Postby delsus » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:04 pm

@vulgarr

The fastest way to destroy a log, is to lift it and bring it on a tile of water and then log out for 3 seconds.
delsus

Postby bmjclark » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:36 am

Vulgarr wrote:I've seen a lot of talk about how to efficiently remove/destroy logs en masse...

One way is to start the process to make one into a dugout- but don't burn it. Just do the destroy command. You can break a log cut into a dugout without it being a fully functional dugout.

Granger wrote:Spawn an alt in another window and click it from time to time, you should be done after a while.
Or make a small script that chops all visible logs. It's not rocket science and this game is already botted to kingdom come and back anyways, so one more dosn't change anything.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby TheOriginalFive » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:25 am

Want to know how long a stranger hasn't logged in? Check their hearthfire with the inspect option. It will give you the real time since last log in.

Tag: tip, time management, interface, little-known
TheOriginalFive

Postby valeriesusanne » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:40 am

I discovered that garden pots are functional during winter! I have planted/grown/harvested blueberries, uncommon snapdragons and clover in the snow! If it's a glitch, I sure hope it keeps going :-)
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:08 pm

Tag: Storage solution. Early mid game space management. Advanced sprucecaping.

When you finally get a horse tamed and saddlebags made for it you can store, and access while moving without its interface disappearing, two wicker pickers in it. Unfortunately they will not automatically fill with forge items when your inventory is full but are still quite convenient with scroll-wheel depositing. Makes hunting and foraging at the same time a lot easier. Great for storing extra yarrow as well.
loftar wrote:On the other hand, there's also a case to be made that we're all faggots down here and all deserve to be treated as such and that we all just revel in that anyway.

Quit letting companies make free shekels off of you; install UBlock today. Or better yet kick Google in the balls and install AdNauseam.
SumFaggotPlayTester

Postby HelloMind » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:36 am

If you not want fep bonus from milk you can mix diffrent type of milk and get just milk (not cow milk, sheep, etc)
HelloMind

Postby Ants » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:29 am

What you pave under your buildings will still show up on the minimap. For instance, here's a little smiley face under a great hall.
smoley.png
smoley.png (3.99 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?