Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:14 am

jordancoles wrote:
Granger wrote:Regarding permission for claims please keep in mind a little change:
White permission is now a wildcard for everyone, not only the characters which are white in your or the villages kin list.

This affects villages.

Please adjust your permissions accordingly.

Tags: Security, personal claims, rights

This only has an effect on villages. (via loftar viewtopic.php?f=40&t=42860&start=10#p558186)

Didn't see if the above post was edited, so figured I'd reiterate the point. :)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby bojackson » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:06 am

Silkworm cocoons when right clicked have an option to "kill", the moth doesn't go away. I think its so they won't turn into moths to save for later use. neato ;)

EDIT ---

Ok so that thing about the "kill" the cocoons. I found a death's head chrysalis curio. put it in like normal to study. Today I logged in and it turned into a goddamn moth in my study report... for f sake jorbsie you got me m8 :/

Gotta kill em I guess and then study... GRRRRRR

Tags: silk, worms, cocoons,silkfarm, chrysalis
Last edited by bojackson on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ohhh that's how I make a sig, cool
bojackson

Postby donatas » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:04 am

Lithorn5 wrote:
donatas wrote:1lp unit decreases from the red bar of your claim every hour (I've checked, when I removed the butterfly thing from my study table). So if you have your red bar half full when you first place your claim which is around 360, you will have 360 real time hours before your claim disappears which is 15 days or just over 2 weeks without worrying about your claim. So rank up your lps max out your attributes and buy dem skills, but don't forget to check your claim after a week or two, so always have some lp left even 10 or more will be just enough.

Does this mean I get less LP when I have the butterfly in than when without?

This is only about the claim and its upkeep, butterfly thing has no affect if your upkeep is full. If you have butterfly thing in your study table a number of lp points would be paid to upkeep of your claim. If you don't have any lp at that time, when you finish studying a curiosity a required number will be taken from that total lp gained.
donatas

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:57 pm

donatas wrote:This is only about the claim and its upkeep, butterfly thing has no affect if your upkeep is full. If you have butterfly thing in your study table a number of lp points would be paid to upkeep of your claim. If you don't have any lp at that time, when you finish studying a curiosity a required number will be taken from that total lp gained.

Incorrect. If you have the bond in your inventory, any LP you earn also freely creates a point of presence for every point of LP you earn. The cost is the inability to use that mentory slot, and this does matter late game. Paying LP into a claim manually is intended as an emergency measure only.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Turtlesir » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:49 pm

shubla wrote:You can use clover on boars and then right click them with rope. They will follow you but not aggro. Then you can trap them with signs/stockpiles and shoot.
You can do same with auroch, muflon, and even horse. (By riding it to trap)

this works, but watch out with boar because while they're doing their "should i or shouldn't i" dance, they may suddenly decide to attack you instead. keep your running speed on max. :)
Turtlesir

Postby bojackson » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:01 pm

Turtlesir wrote:
shubla wrote:You can use clover on boars and then right click them with rope. They will follow you but not aggro. Then you can trap them with signs/stockpiles and shoot.
You can do same with auroch, muflon, and even horse. (By riding it to trap)

this works, but watch out with boar because while they're doing their "should i or shouldn't i" dance, they may suddenly decide to attack you instead. keep your running speed on max. :)

Thanks for that, i had a feeling that was possible, for them to go aggressive during the "offer candy like a creeper" stage :lol:
Ohhh that's how I make a sig, cool
bojackson

Postby jorb » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:46 pm

You can press ctrl + hotkey in combat to discard a move and draw a new one.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby burgingham » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:38 pm

Does that have a cooldown or something? Cause otherwise it kind of defeats the point of deck selection.

Edit: Ok seems to have a cooldown. Haven't tested myself yet, but is it the cooldown of the move? Then this feature only has a very marginal use (like when boars have their deflect move up or something like that), but I guess it can be useful then. If it has a fast generic cooldown though my original point somewhat remains that it might destroy metagaming and deck selection.
burgingham

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:23 pm

burgingham wrote:it might destroy metagaming and deck selection.

Considering the game is both permadeath, and you're locked into whatever deck you have active the moment you get engaged I'm not sure this is an avoidable issue.

It sucks to somewhat limit creative potential, but at the same time locking people into assured death because their had an RNG prone deck up when they got attacked seems more sucky.

Perhaps deserving of being moved to a Combat balance megathread in critiques.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby burgingham » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:30 pm

Well, if you expect to encounter other players you better adjust to it with a well balanced deck. If you run around with your bat killing 2 card deck all the time it should come with consequences.
burgingham

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?