Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 29 Tips!

Postby bojackson » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:58 pm

Simple tip but - You can use hemp fiber for herb table as well as flax. I thought you could only use flax at first derp xD.

----------------------------------

If you build a gate and destroy the corner posts on pole fence you still have an operating gate.

Wonder if you can do the same with pali or brick? Splash damage might be hard to deal with tho. And as someone pointed out you can use wagons with normal gates now so.

-----------------

Also thought about making "safe houses" out by my foraging spots and frequently traveled spots - basically a pali door that opens in instead of out so you have somewhere to run if you are being chased (slave key). Might want a small house inside to lose agro.

----------------

The Tall, thin, brown, pine trees give pretty good tar amounts (very common in forest and grass). Way more than maple and mirkwood give.

---------------
ps : To mods - If you want to condense all my replies into one reply that would be fine, I can't delete the old ones now tho so.
Last edited by bojackson on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ohhh that's how I make a sig, cool
bojackson

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:04 pm

bojackson wrote: I thought you could only use flax at first derp xD.

That's because it says "flax fiber." I unlocked it with hemp, though, and didn't realize it just said flax until someone pointed it out on the forums.

Also thought about making "safe houses" out by my foraging spots and frequently traveled spots - basically a pali door that opens in instead of out so you have somewhere to run if you are being chased (slave key). Might want a small house inside to lose agro.

Not a horrid idea, but anyone that can get a slave could open it, too, making foraging with a key risky. If it's a "safe house," though, you wouldn't be compromising as much and if you did lose a key, you could change the lock or never use that location again.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Turtlesir » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:18 am

Apillion wrote:When fighting bats you can do so with only 1 hp if you get KO you will only take 1 nicks and knacks damage when you get up you can try again
You wil however take 1 hhp damage so don't keep doing this till 0 LOL
You can also practice defense against multiple enemies as the first bat that hits you will result in KO but only taking one nicks and knacks this preventing Wretched Gore from multiple attackers.

Tags: Combat, Bats, Defense

when fighting A bat maybe, not bats. fighting multiple bats at too low UA/agi will result in serious bathurt.
Turtlesir

Postby kryowolf » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:22 am

You can right click a campfire with a stick to almost instantly make a firebrand from it without having to spend an eternity making one from scratch. Could be useful for lighting multiple things next to each other or collect ash very quickly.
kryowolf

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:31 am

kryowolf wrote:You can right click a campfire with a stick to almost instantly make a firebrand from it without having to spend an eternity making one from scratch. Could be useful for lighting multiple things next to each other or collect ash very quickly.

Doesn't work so well for lighting other things as they tend to burn out too fast to get the next spot lit. At least that's been my experience.

I'd allow for a setup where you could just turn around to light another object.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Humbaz » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:15 pm

You can refill a torch by hold-clicking over a source of tar (bucket, barrel or filled tar-kiln).
The torch can be lit at any open fire, you can carry the lit torch around and light other stuff with it.
Humbaz

Postby Apillion » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:25 pm

Turtlesir wrote:
Apillion wrote:When fighting bats you can do so with only 1 hp if you get KO you will only take 1 nicks and knacks damage when you get up you can try again
You wil however take 1 hhp damage so don't keep doing this till 0 LOL
You can also practice defense against multiple enemies as the first bat that hits you will result in KO but only taking one nicks and knacks this preventing Wretched Gore from multiple attackers.

Tags: Combat, Bats, Defense

when fighting A bat maybe, not bats. fighting multiple bats at too low UA/agi will result in serious bathurt.

if you have only 1 shp the first time you miss with a defence you will be KO so cant take any more damage

the trick is to do it with only 1 shp not low ua

Edit: so drop your energy till just below healing if you have been ko for whet ever reson then you can practice this... Will see how today's patch influence this with the new healing system..
Apillion

Postby Turtlesir » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:13 pm

Apillion wrote:if you have only 1 shp the first time you miss with a defence you will be KO so cant take any more damage

the trick is to do it with only 1 shp not low ua

Edit: so drop your energy till just below healing if you have been ko for whet ever reson then you can practice this... Will see how today's patch influence this with the new healing system..

ah, thanks for clarifying. will try it out.
Turtlesir

Postby CaptainMidget » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:16 am

Maybe a pro tip?

Do not used Feigned Dodge or Parry against a boar; Because they have abilities that deal damage back to the boar, if it has tusk romp active then you'll be damaged by that romp.
CaptainMidget

Postby The_Lich_King » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:30 am

Do not log out with your energy under 2000 and don't log out by using the X at the top right corner of the client there is no greater pro tip than these
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?