Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Postby jordancoles » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:45 am

You can also tether any leashed animal to any nearby tree, and we are now also able to teleport to hearthfire, through roads and to charterstones while pulling wooden carts
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Ants » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:02 pm

You can smoke a hookah, smoke a cigar and play the bagpipe at the same time. :o
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby vatas » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:50 pm

Need soap to clean those pesky Infected Sores but can't kill animals that can drop it when butchered? I have just the tip for you!

Collect 27 chickens, turn them into 9 animal fat (this requires some skill other than hunting, presumably Animal Husbandry) and turn them into 3 rendered animal fat that you can use to craft a Bar of Soap.

Tags: Soap, Wounds, Medicine
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:13 pm

vatas wrote:Collect 27 chickens, turn them into 9 animal fat (this requires some skill other than hunting, presumably Animal Husbandry) and turn them into 3 rendered animal fat that you can use to craft a Bar of Soap.

Wild chickens are great for all kinds of things. Makes settling down near grasslands very convenient.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:01 am

Having to collect 27 chickens would suck if you'd only get fat out of them, but they also provide feathers, (curios) entrails, (fishing bait) and bones. Best way is to carry killed but unplucked chickens to your base and pluck/clean/butcher them there where you can stockpile materials and craft meat into fat.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Pinkie-Pie » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:57 am

I might be on to something here. New world means new hidden mechanics...

I think tramping around in a body of salt water has a chance of causing infected sore to close faster. Might be a fluke, needs more testing, might have a chance to make it a better or a lot worse.

My infected sore which was going up and down- as they do, started only going down and seemed to be a lot faster after a long tromp through some salt water.

Its not an unheard of mechanic since swamps make them worse. Maybe saltwater helps?
Pinkie-Pie

Postby burnemall » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:45 am

Will test this on my pet sore today! Thanks for pointing this out!
burnemall

Postby MadNomad » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:03 am

you can put the gooseneck barnacle in the cauldron (I didn't boil it yet so I don't know the effect)
MadNomad

Postby vatas » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:23 pm

Cattail roots count as fodder. and are likely the easiest thing to forage in mass to feed your tamed animals before you have sufficient crop fields. You also get string on the side if you need it.

Tags: Fodder, Livestock

vatas

Postby vatas » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:26 pm

To get most out of logs, chop and/or saw them until timeglass is 90% or more done, then make a dugout out of it. You can't have too much of them, or if you have, then you can start using them as expendable asset.

Tags: Lumberjacking, Logs, Carpentry, Boats

vatas

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?