Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Postby ULGMsean » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:47 pm

You could fill any container that could handle liquid (water flask, buckets, barrels, etc) over a bucket filled with liquid lying on the ground.
Also works vice versa, you could fill an empty bucket while its dropped.

Kudos to my friend for that one.
マイルズ
ULGMsean

Postby shubla » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:41 pm

Clovers provide 5 swill-units to trough. Instead of 1 that forageables usually give.
If your animals are short on food and your crops have not grown yet, you can quickly forage a bunch of clovers from the right biome to temporarily relieve the problem.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby shubla » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:53 pm

You can plow 2 tiles wide if you go small zigzag between borders of tiles.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Agame » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:41 pm

Shovel is the fastest tool at uprooting tree roots or mirkwood roots.
Vigilance wrote:just remove midgets, they suck ass and serve no function besides annoying people.

As a rule of thumb, everything that makes life easyer and less boring/grinding for players is a great idea. Everything that makes the game harder is crap coming from sadistic tendencies of Jorbtar helped by the few players with the same kind of disorders.
Agame

Postby vatas » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:19 pm

Agame wrote:Shovel is the fastest tool at uprooting tree roots or mirkwood roots.

That tip is actually included in the description of Lumberjacking skill. Not sure how many people read them, though.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby jordancoles » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:08 am

Pave a patch of ground and then do this to quickly dispose of old soil stockpiles
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Lojka » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:45 am

is there a tip in the list, that at the start of the world, you could really boost your trees by going into Ant Dungeon

as rather high Q seeds can be found there...

and trees boost progression very good.

Another way to make good progression in quality is to get hight quality stone - fore this you need to kill chasm counch with hight survival.
Lojka

Postby uncleseano » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:00 pm

Prolly too obvious or it's been mentioned already but on a new character select every tree/bush/boulder in Amber client (or whatever one you are using) and deselect them as you discover it. That way you can identify on the map nice and quick what you've gotten on that toon
uncleseano

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:03 pm

jordancoles wrote:Tip No. 6

To avoid getting stuck in a situation where you only have attack moves on your hand at any point during combat early on, it is a good idea to set up your deck like this

When starting out, you are only given 5 moves total, and since you can only have 5 moves at a time in your "hand" during combat, this means that you will have 1 of each move up at all times

Out of date for and no longer applies. Needs notation.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby buzzardpl » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:17 am

I dont know if it was here , but I do this to prevent animals from fleeing away:

Start combat.
Click peace button in upper right corner of the screen
Beat the animal . Attack key prepared. Animal start fleeing and combat ends.
I click on the fleeing animal with Attack button .
If I hit and is not very far away, The new combat begins. Animal charges to me again :)
Finishing move! (of course be again prepared he may start flee again sometimes).
buzzardpl

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?