Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread

Postby Alzuule » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:31 pm

Raffeh wrote:
Alzuule wrote:This is probably reasonably well known by now but im sure plenty of people doesnt know yet so.

You can fully block a badgers attack when you have 45 UA with a single defence move, 30+ agility should be aquired before trying if you arent confident you can do with less. Can also be done with less depending on how much armor you have on, more armor = less UA needed to not take damage/armor tearing. A fox is slightly easier so i'd guess that 40 UA would be fine for those. Foxes run very early so either fight on grasslands where you can sprint or fight while on horseback. Killing badgers can give you the Knock Its Teeth Out move which is very nice, and of course gives agility/con food + hides for badger vest, which gives armor while being wearable under an actual armor item and +2 agility.

Marc,

Clarification on which this 1 move is? I tend to use Blue, green and yellow defences? and I do not know any defence moves which provide defence to all these items?

:)

I meant that 1 move blocks 1 attack without letting anything through :D you still have to cover the different types of attacks.
Alzuule

Postby anderako » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:14 am

ZeggyZon wrote:Actually you can open up to three cupboards at the same time. You might be able to open six if they're positioned just right.

Finally we can place cupboards in the corners of our houses, where you would normally not be able to reach if your walls were lined with cupboards.
anderako

Postby smileyguy4you » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:32 am

wagons can now go through single gates :D
smileyguy4you

Postby Granger » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:52 am

anderako wrote:
ZeggyZon wrote:Actually you can open up to three cupboards at the same time. You might be able to open six if they're positioned just right.

Finally we can place cupboards in the corners of our houses, where you would normally not be able to reach if your walls were lined with cupboards.

You can open multiple containers (among them cupboards) at once, as long as you can open the next one without the toon moving.
Crafting can draw from all of them at once.

@Loftar: nice one, thanks.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Paislee » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:50 pm

You don't have to dismount to forage while riding a horse. I may or may not have dismounted/remounted approximately 100 times before figuring this out.

Tags: derp, horse, pony, pick, forage, foraging, riding
~Maisy
Paislee

Postby shubla » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:42 pm

If you are going to give clover to horse/muflon whatever. You can skip the wait or make time shorter by running next to it. This way you dont have to spend lot of your valuable game time for waiting it to come take clover.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Garfy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:29 am

Tip for miners, or anyone with miner friends.

Save every rat, perch and morel you find. These 3 things make some of the most energy efficient food in the game, especially early on when quality is low.

Rats make Rat on a Stick (rat + stick), 450% energy for 2% hunger.
Perch makes Perched Perch (perch + carrot + onion + stick), 400% energy for 1.75% hunger.
Morels can be dried on a herbalist table, 200% energy for 1% hunger.

Until your baked goods hit quality 30-40ish, you will not find a common type of food more efficient than these in terms of energy to hunger ratio.
Garfy

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 29 Tips!

Postby jordancoles » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:31 am

Updated the OP :idea:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:58 am

not my post, so linking to the thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=43510
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Apillion » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:30 pm

When fighting bats you can do so with only 1 hp if you get KO you will only take 1 nicks and knacks damage when you get up you can try again
You wil however take 1 hhp damage so don't keep doing this till 0 LOL
You can also practice defense against multiple enemies as the first bat that hits you will result in KO but only taking one nicks and knacks this preventing Wretched Gore from multiple attackers.

Tags: Combat, Bats, Defense

Apillion

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?