Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 29 Tips!

Postby Asgaroth22 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:53 am

You can wear nettle shirt and nettle pants in their slots as well as in their corresponding armor slots:

For a total of +8 survival +4 UA (+12 surv at ql higher than 25)

Tags: survival, unarmed combat, early game, equipment, nettle shirt, nettle pants

*hope it's intended and not a bug
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:02 pm

Quite intended. This works for just nettle and linen clothes, though.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby cerulean19 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Seems like trees grow easily twice as fast in the "forest" biome that spawns around them as they grow.

So if you're a hermit, you should plant your tree-farm area with shitty-q trees as soon as you get an herbalist table up, let those trees do their thing, and you'll hopefully have a few spots of forest biome by the time you've got better pots/herbalist table/soil/water.

You can just chop down the bad trees when they get in the way.
cerulean19

Postby Kelody » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:18 pm

Asgaroth22 wrote:You can wear nettle shirt and nettle pants in their slots as well as in their corresponding armor slots:

For a total of +8 survival +4 UA (+12 surv at ql higher than 25)

Tags: survival, unarmed combat, early game, equipment, nettle shirt, nettle pants

*hope it's intended and not a bug

It is no longer needed to get Q25 for +3 survival. +2 is around 7, +3 is around 17. I haven't narrowed down the exact figures yet. I'm pretty sure the substance quality is most important.
Kelody

Postby Asgaroth22 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:15 am

Kelody wrote:
It is no longer needed to get Q25 for +3 survival. +2 is around 7, +3 is around 17. I haven't narrowed down the exact figures yet. I'm pretty sure the substance quality is most important.

That's odd. At Q20 i was getting +2 survival, though i'm not sure what type of quality it was.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby snuby » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:57 pm

Asgaroth22 wrote:That's odd. At Q20 i was getting +2 survival, though i'm not sure what type of quality it was.

To get +3 Survival you need an average Q of Q14.
snuby

Postby Sevenless » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:53 pm

snuby wrote:
Asgaroth22 wrote:That's odd. At Q20 i was getting +2 survival, though i'm not sure what type of quality it was.

To get +3 Survival you need an average Q of Q14.

I'm curious if anyone has seen the +4 yet and what the avg Q that happens to hit at.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Sollar » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:43 pm

After you harvest the barley field and you are left with all those straws lying on the ground, holding SHIFT while RIGHT-CLICKing on one will make your toon gather them all by himself. I used to harvest all one by one, click by click untill i discovered this.
Sollar

Postby The_Lich_King » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:18 pm

pro tip don't mass harvest it if you have some plants that are lower q than others. ruins seed Q
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Procne » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:32 pm

jordancoles wrote:You can boil mussels through a container and your inventory at the same time

Tags: Cooking, pearls, mussels, cauldron

This is especially useful when making ropes. Build a large chest near your rope walk, fill 60% of it with dried skins, use rope walk, open the chest. Then mass-produce strings from skins, then mass produce ropes from strings.
Procne

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?