Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:12 am

#57: survey flags; still apply? I don't think it does, but could be wrong. (Want to say it was changed w8 or 9.)

Ran across this post in C&I:

Sarge wrote:You can use the same survey by multiple players, you always could.

You close the survey window after you start levelling. Your toon will continue levelling while the survey is now available to another player. Rinse and repeat.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 58 Tips!

Postby Barbamaus » Tue May 15, 2018 11:01 pm

jordancoles wrote:You can continually harvest things like wool, hairs and milk from wild animals by giving them a new clover every 6 minutes

Do not have them leashed or tied to a post, just let them roam freely inside of a stick fence, or whatever

Does this not work anymore? I've waited over 30 minutes, but the wild mouflon I have is not accepting any more clovers after the first one.
Barbamaus

Postby Zao » Sat May 19, 2018 7:21 am

If you get a credo quest that requires you to slaughter a domesticated animal that you already own you can just knock it out, you don't have to actually kill it and butcher it.
Zao

Postby Dudesoe » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:52 pm

when doing stuff like digging,chopping trees,mining, u can drink while doing the task, effectively allowing you to lose no stamina while performing a task, super useful for creating firebrand and midway you're about to run out of stamina, take a glug, and you're good
ooooooooooooooooooooof
Dudesoe

Postby LtTurtleshot » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:42 pm

Pro tip

You can peek inside or outside of a mine hole by shift clicking it.
LtTurtleshot

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:35 pm

LtTurtleshot wrote:Pro tip

This is actually any entrance/exit or object used to teleport players--houses, charterstones, road endings, etc. If this isn't on the wiki or well known, I'm not sure what to say other than one of us vets missed documenting it in the proper places.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:56 pm

If you don't have horse to trample adders, you can pull cart to run them over with it. Note that this isn't as fool-proof method and requires you to angle yourself so that the adder collides with cart's hitbox and not you.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Kuddie » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:17 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
LtTurtleshot wrote:Pro tip

This is actually any entrance/exit or object used to teleport players--houses, charterstones, road endings, etc. If this isn't on the wiki or well known, I'm not sure what to say other than one of us vets missed documenting it in the proper places.

Now this is a pro tip if I ever saw one.

Great thread, appreciate the effort!
Kuddie

Postby Ants » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:29 am

It's possible to "hermit" and be the member of a village at the same time. Start a base wherever you want and use an alt to start a village there. Build a charter stone and memorize it on your main. Voila, you have your own private base you can teleport to from any other charter stone! This is particularly useful if a village you're in becomes inactive and you want to join another one without losing any of your stuff.

This tip isn't little known but it might be good to list it here anyways. To get all credos on one character, it's best to create what people call a suicide alt. It's an alt that you do credos on and kill off after finishing each one. Since dying lowers the amount of quests you have to do for each credo, killing yourself repeatedly makes it so that for every credo you only have to do 12 quests.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby qoonpooka » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:57 am

Ants wrote:This tip isn't little known but it might be good to list it here anyways. To get all credos on one character, it's best to create what people call a suicide alt. It's an alt that you do credos on and kill off after finishing each one. Since dying lowers the amount of quests you have to do for each credo, killing yourself repeatedly makes it so that for every credo you only have to do 12 quests.

Don't you lose the credo when you die?
qoonpooka

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?