Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Postby Ants » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Beehives still give wax and honey in caves, although it's always low q. If you want massive amounts of low q wax and honey, consider using your spare hay to make tons of cave beehives.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:53 pm

Beehives generate q10 honey and wax where ever they are.
DDDsDD999

Postby Ants » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:23 pm

If you put high q bark in a cauldron full of water, the cauldron will treat the tanning fluid as if it were normal water. You can increase the "water" q this way. You can also put bark in chicken coops and rabbit hutches, animals will drink tanning fluid.
DDDsDD999 wrote:Beehives generate q10 honey and wax where ever they are.

Yeah, but putting them in your mine saves space. Mines and caves are a good place to dump your extra stuff.
Ants

Postby vatas » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:58 am

Somebody claimed that jorb has stated that if people exploit the beehive q10 wax generation, he will take action. Whether this will mean changing beehive mechanics or nuking bases with massive cave hive collections, I have no idea. I emphasis that I have no source whatsoever to back this up.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:06 pm

vatas wrote:I emphasis that I have no source whatsoever to back this up.

It was posted here on the forums quite some time ago when the "abusability" of this was pointed out. The beestings may have been that action, though.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ants » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:14 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
vatas wrote:I emphasis that I have no source whatsoever to back this up.

It was posted here on the forums quite some time ago when the "abusability" of this was pointed out. The beestings may have been that action, though.
Oh, huh. Well, beestings are a decent solution I guess. They do make harvesting from massive amounts of beehives a pain in the butt, although it harms noobs more than oldbies who have armor, medicine and disposable alts. I guess the "best" solution would be to stop hives from producing honey and wax unless they're near crops, but that would be no fun..
Ants

Postby Lyrroth » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:22 pm

New ones:

Adding bark to a boiling cauldron will rise water quality, since tanning fuild will be used and that one has higher Q than water. Beware You cannot add Tanning fluid to cauldron directly!

If You steal an item and give it to another player, if they logout with it, clicking tracking stolen item from flower menu will reveal offline character hearthfire position!

First one useful for cooking anything and second one treat it like a security issue or revealing secret places of other players ¦]
Lyrroth

Postby vatas » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:34 am

Bark needs to be higher quality than water, right? But people generally do have higher quality trees than water at this point of the world.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby bitza » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:39 pm

Lyrroth wrote:New ones:

If You steal an item and give it to another player, if they logout with it, clicking tracking stolen item from flower menu will reveal offline character hearthfire position!

man thats the oldest trick in the book:

Re: Gold for steel UPDATE
Postby Killface » Mon May 17, 2010 10:20 pm

Just until he flaps his fat mouth too much at his new lawspeaker and they kick him out too.

This guy is trouble, plain and simple. He attempted to steal every account he had access to, smashed shit in the village he was kicked out of with an alt, and then spammed everyone he could for a few days straight, throwing a ridiculously childish fit. It seems the guy he tried to betray, SuckMyNick, has accepted his membership, despite attempts to sell him theft-scented clay in an effort to find out where his goldmine was so he could try to get my village to raid it.

He still owes me 6 gold nuggets, and I'll stake my reputation as an honest trader on it. He was a nobody last map, and as far as i'm concerned, is still a nobody.

Don't trust this douche as far as you can throw him.
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby blazinghookshot » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:32 am

Did you know if you have a animal tethered to a rope it will teleport with you when you hearth?
blazinghookshot

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?