New Controls?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

New Controls?

Postby Ragnar214 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:37 am

How do I rotate Buildings?

How do I make stockpiles?

How do I put my combat skills on the hotbar?

Thank's in advance. I'll probably add to this as I come up with questions :p
Ragnar214

Re: New Controls?

Postby Silushun » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:46 am

Buildings rotate with the camera/your position hold middle mouse click and drag it around.

Stockpiles are done by clicking the object in your inventory and its either left clicking a location or right clicking the floor it'll show you a stockpile.

Combat is left click and drag tohotbar
Silushun

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:48 am

Good thread idea. Some UI commands that might be worth noticing:
  • Hold Shift while mousewheeling to rotate buildings when placing them.
  • Hold Control while placing buildings in order to not limit their placements to even tiles and right angles
  • Right-click a stock-pilable item on the ground to place a stockpile with it
  • When clicking to place a stockpile, hold shift to immediately transfer all matching items into it
  • Shift-rightclick a stockpile to grab an item from it without using the UI
  • Shift-mousewheel on the stockpile UI to transfer items between it and your inventory
  • Shift-rightclick dropped items to pick up all nearby dropped items of the same type
  • Shift-leftclick on the map to keep walking indefinitely in the same direction
  • Shift-rightclick seeds or a bucket of seeds to get a cursor to bulk-plant them
  • Shift-rightclick a crop to get a cursor to bulk-harvest crops of the clicked type
That's all I can think of right now, but I might have missed something.

Mod edit: A few random things that have been showing up here and there that may not be readily evident. -MagicManICT

11/30/16 -- from viewtopic.php?f=39&t=52141&view=unread#p689965
    loftar wrote:By the way, as the FP test-server thread indicated, floating-point positioning technically allows for pixel-perfect placement of carried/built objects, but in practice I found this mostly annoying since it made it impossible to align objects properly. Therefore, when Ctrl-placing objects, the client will by default lock positions to eighths of a tile. This is adjustable, though, by way of a new :placegrid console command that will set how many positions to lock placement to. I've found :placegrid 2 to be fairly useful in common situations. Also, :placegrid 0 turns off locking entirely to allow for arbitrary placement of objects.

For a listing of all basic commands, please see the Ring of Brodgar wiki: http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Keyboard_Shortcuts

moderator edits:
    2/8/16: added link to RoB wiki for commands
    11/30/16: added the new grid placement functionality as entire quote (for now, may edit it down later)
    1/28/17: combat system changed some months ago; forgot to update this list at that time and doing so today

Removed content (outdated/no longer used)
    • Ctrl + <number> discards that card when in combat--Combat system was changed. Decks work differently now.
    Last edited by MagicManICT on Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
    Reason: struck out the old method for discarding combat cards
    "Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
    loftar

Postby akadiablo » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:53 am

No hotkey for transfer resources to stockpile from inventory?
    akadiablo

Postby Ragnar214 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:58 am

loftar wrote:Good thread idea. Some UI commands that might be worth noticing:
    • Hold Shift while mousewheeling to rotate buildings when placing them.
    • Hold Control while placing buildings in order to not limit their placements to even tiles and right angles
    • Right-click a stock-pilable item on the ground to place a stockpile with it
    • When clicking to place a stockpile, hold shift to immediately transfer all matching items into it
    • Shift-rightclick a stockpile to grab an item from it without using the UI
    • Shift-rightclick dropped items to pick up all nearby dropped items of the same type
    • Shift-leftclick on the map to keep walking indefinitely in the same direction
    • Shift-rightclick seeds or a bucket of seeds to get a cursor to bulk-plant them
    • Shift-rightclick a crop to get a cursor to bulk-harvest crops of the clicked type
    That's all I can think of right now, but I might have missed something.

Thanks.

Also I found a mine but its on the edge of a cliff I right clicked and left clicked to get inside but it wouldn't let me. Do I require a mining skill or something to enter a mine/cave?
    Ragnar214

Postby Silushun » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:59 am

akadiablo wrote:No hotkey for transfer resources to stockpile from inventory?

Hold shift he wrote it on there :P
    Silushun

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:01 am

akadiablo wrote:No hotkey for transfer resources to stockpile from inventory?

Yes, edited the post.
    loftar wrote:
    • Shift-mousewheel on the stockpile UI to transfer items between it and your inventory
    "Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
    loftar

Postby Jorisderidder » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:25 pm

my cat walked on my keyboard and now I can't see my stamina , energy and so no more.
    what key combination do I have to press to make it visible again ?
    Jorisderidder

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:27 pm

Jorisderidder wrote:my cat walked on my keyboard and now I can't see my stamina , energy and so no more.
    what key combination do I have to press to make it visible again ?

Spacebar
    TeckXKnight

Postby Jorisderidder » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:38 pm

thanks!
    Jorisderidder

Next

Return to How do I?