New Controls?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: New Controls?

Postby lachlaan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Can we add the recently asked about "Ctrl+LMB" to exit vehicles and workstations?
lachlaan

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:05 am

No, because it's one of those things that everyone should know just from logging into the game ¦]

(Added it. Keep meaning to completely redo this list and make a comprehensive list of controls and console commands, but I keep getting distracted by shiny things.)

edit: borka pointed out that this and many other useful things for playing the game are on the wiki: http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Keyboard_Shortcuts

I've made a request to make that page more visible.
K'thulu for President 2020!! Why vote for the lesser evil?

Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby lachlaan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:05 pm

I just think that taking completely new players into account that aren't aware of the "always check forums" and "always check wiki" paradigm, the best order in which to list game related info would be:

1. ingame, via good tooltips

2. forums, via very obviously named stickies, and on that note "new controls?" seems kind of vague, but not sure what the main post could be renamed

3. wiki, with clear info on forums and hopefully ingame to check wiki if still blurry on info
lachlaan

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:40 am

Unless someone is willing to make a concise manual beyond Sevenless's extensive guide, the wiki is the best tool for information. It can be a basic manual and in-depth encyclopedia. it all depends on what we want to do with it and our willingness to implement those ideas.

I'm all for more basic information in the game on controls and basics, otherwise. The forums just aren't a good place for organized information due to several key factors, among them--organization, ease of searches, and misinformation.

Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Enjoyment » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:46 am

Is there any way to dump all the things in wheelborrow straight on the ground?
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Enjoyment wrote:Is there any way to dump all the things in wheelborrow straight on the ground?

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Wheelbarrow

MagicManICT

Postby Enjoyment » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:49 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Enjoyment wrote:Is there any way to dump all the things in wheelborrow straight on the ground?

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Wheelbarrow

Does it means "no"?
Enjoyment

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:43 am

RoB Wiki wrote:Right-Click the Wheelbarrow to move it around. Right-click a stockpile to draw from the stockpile to the Wheelbarrow. Right-click a stockpile while carrying load to dump to that stockpile. Right-click the ground while carrying load to place and dump to a new stockpile. Right-click the Wheelbarrow while carrying load to drop the Wheelbarrow. Right-click anywhere while not carrying load to drop the Wheelbarrow

MagicManICT

Postby Enjoyment » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:52 am

MagicManICT wrote:
RoB Wiki wrote:Right-Click the Wheelbarrow to move it around. Right-click a stockpile to draw from the stockpile to the Wheelbarrow. Right-click a stockpile while carrying load to dump to that stockpile. Right-click the ground while carrying load to place and dump to a new stockpile. Right-click the Wheelbarrow while carrying load to drop the Wheelbarrow. Right-click anywhere while not carrying load to drop the Wheelbarrow

not to the new stockpile, but dump it out of wheelbarrow straight on the floor. For soil stockpile faster removing.
Enjoyment

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Ah. sorry for misunderstanding the question... No, you can't do that. Best I can suggest is using destroy unless you want to keep the dirt. In that case, I believe the custom clients do have a "dump all" button on inventory windows.

MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?