Carpets

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Carpets

Postby Kaios » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:33 pm

How do I place them or alternatively how do I drop them in a way that I can choose the direction because with the way they are currently implemented all I can figure out is that dropping them is the only possibility and it chooses the direction at random.
Kaios

Re: Carpets

Postby spavaloo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:52 pm

If carpets are liftable, right click them while lifting one in order to get a "ghost" version that shows exactly where it will be placed.

Shift+scroll to rotate the ghost, hold Control to un-lock placement choices from grid squares.

Otherwise, I have no idea.
Go to space
spavaloo

Postby Kaios » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:55 pm

Yeah I've got the lifting mechanics down but actually I find it pretty funny that I did not even bother to try and lift it, maybe you can but it's an item type that can be picked up via right clicking and goes in to your inventory so I am not too sure about that.

I'll have to check it out when I get a chance.
Kaios

Postby Kaios » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:26 pm

You can't lift it.
Kaios

Postby karmov » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:14 am

Yeah I just made a carpet too and I feel like I'm missing something about how to place/use it. You can drop it but it drops at an angle like a board. You don't seem to be able to apply it to things (doorway) indoor or outdoors. For a cosmetic item, it doesn't look great when it's dropped. Anyone have any insights?
karmov

Postby Uriel » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:49 pm

I have to necro this... how do I put this thing on ground so it won't look like missplaced?
Uriel

Return to How do I?