Red Handed Debuff

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Red Handed Debuff

Postby BDC855 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:53 pm

So recently I have received the Red Handed debuff for stealing literally an apple off a friends claim, just to test out the theft, scents, etc.

It seemed to take about 1 hour for the Red Handed Debuff to disappear from one theft.

However, after testing further, and taking 5 additional apples, while already having the one Red Handed Debuff on, gave me a what seems like a permanent Red Handed Debuff.

It has now been about 3 hours and I still have the Red Handed Debuff while just sitting AFK in my house, with no progression on its timer.

My question is, how long until the Red Handed Debuff portion goes away in this type of a situation (continuing to steal while under it and the stopping.)
BDC855

Re: Red Handed Debuff

Postby shubla » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:59 pm

First you get small buff that prevents you from teleporting.
Then you get another buff. Which keeps your character logged on for duration of scents. About 2 days 16 hours in case of theft scents.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby BDC855 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:05 pm

The second buff is called "Outlaw" I believe.

I am still under "Red Handed" and have been unable to hearth (although Im at my claim already) for just over 3 hours now.
BDC855

Postby BDC855 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:22 pm

Force closing the client and relogging in from a secondary PC seems to have fixed it, timer is gone on this machine and I can hearth.

Guess it was just a graphical glitch showing the Red Handed Debuff permanently on my main PC; but the graphic glitch somehow still held true that I could not hearth.

The second I switched to my laptop and logged in, kicking my character offline on my main PC, the debuff was gone and I hearthed immediately.
BDC855

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:54 am

There is a bug that makes it appear that the red handed debuff does not tick down, although it truly is 100% functional. As you found out, relogging fixes it.
DDDsDD999

Postby jorb » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:21 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:There is a bug that makes it appear that the red handed debuff does not tick down, although it truly is 100% functional. As you found out, relogging fixes it.

Will look at that. Thanks. Any more details on when this happens? Always?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:44 pm

jorb wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:There is a bug that makes it appear that the red handed debuff does not tick down, although it truly is 100% functional. As you found out, relogging fixes it.

Will look at that. Thanks. Any more details on when this happens? Always?

Very often. I assume it's due to performing criminal actions very quickly such as shift-scrolling items out of containers.
DDDsDD999

Return to How do I?