A short guide on Experience and how to farm it

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

A short guide on Experience and how to farm it

Postby zebratul » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:38 pm

Hello, today I’m sharing my knowledge on XP events and how to get more XP.
Getting XP is very much random in this game. Your best shot is to built a XP-farm, and visit it daily, hoping that some of the events will proc.
I’ve separated XP-events into three categories by the rarity of their occurrence. The chance of an XP event triggering seems to have two separate cooldowns (judging from my own observations): one based on time, and another one based on amount of other XP events that occur to you.
This means that if you’re stuck not getting any XP, it might be a good idea to travel to various local resources and get XP from them, perform some more obscure XP-yielding tasks , as clearing rare ones can reset your other common events, or wait. You can find an incomplete list of them here: http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Experience_Points

Here’s my list of farmable events based on their rarity.
Every 1-2 days:
Treading Grass. 100 xp, achieved by walking onto some grass.
Sowing Time. 150 xp, plant seeds.
Having a Seat. 75 xp, sit on a chair.
Heave-ho! 75 xp, lift an object.
Quenching Thirst. 75 xp, drink.
The Tables Have Turned. 75 xp, placing a lifted table.
New Land. 50 xp. Walk into different terrain.

Every 2-3 days.
Striking the Earth. 175 xp. Dig once.
Well Wishing. 100 xp. Use a well.
The Symbel. 150 xp. Get a stat lvl up.
Monster in the Cellar. 150 xp. Enter a cellar.
By Weeping Willows. 75 xp (boo!). Right-click on a Willow.
Familiar Face. 200 xp. Walk into the water.
Fashioned with Love . 125 xp. Craft anything.
In Golden Fields. 175 xp. Harver barley crop (stopped working for me).

Every 5-7 days.
Watercraft. 150 xp. Place a boat into the water (glad that’s fixed).
Roaring Fire. 250 xp. Light a fire.
Driving out the Darkness. 300 xp. Light a fire at night/cave.
Sensing the Beast. 100 xp. Load an animal into your minimap might only work with boar/deers).
Soot, Cogs & Fire. 300 xp. Open a lit smelter.
The Mother Lode. 250 xp. Mine a tile next to an ore vein (this one is kinda rare).
Drawing Blood. 150 xp. Butcher a corpse, probably with skin on (unrealiable).
Burying a corpse. 500 xp. Self-explainatory. Unconfirmed.

I should also mention that every Local Resource has a 100% chance of giving you 400 xp first time you see it. These events have a cooldown of up to 1 month (again, based on my expirience), so it's worth visiting them once in a blue moon. Same goes for the Nidbane and quest giver events.

With this knowledge, you can construct an area in a way that would get you the most chances of getting XP.
For example, here’s my town’s small XP farm. It covers 10 XP events, and has instructions written on signs. Of course, it lacks a well, a water tile and lit furnaces, so you can always make a better farm yourself.
Last edited by zebratul on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zebratul

Re: A short guide on Experience and how to farm it

Postby Teleskop » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:48 pm

localied resource events have 2 months cooldown? huh? unless they changed it its not true,i remember passing some resources and they were giving me exp much more often,or maybe my memories are wrong :oops:
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby tyrtix » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:57 pm

i've made a curio routine to use less exp and still get the most of the lp, and i save a lot...seems to work well.
tyrtix

Postby zebratul » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:07 pm

Teleskop wrote:localied resource events have 2 months cooldown? huh? unless they changed it its not true,i remember passing some resources and they were giving me exp much more often,or maybe my memories are wrong :oops:

After you comment, i've remembered that i got recently got local resource exp for the third time on this character, and it's only a month old.
Lowered the number, thanks.
zebratul

Postby MadNomad » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:27 pm

there are some i could get every few hours or even more often but i dont remember which ones, maybe these?

zebratul wrote:Having a Seat. 75 xp, sit on a chair.
Heave-ho! 75 xp, lift an object.
The Tables Have Turned. 75 xp, placing a lifted table.

not sure tho
MadNomad

Postby Kaios » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:29 pm

zebratul wrote:After you comment, i've remembered that i got recently got local resource exp for the third time on this character, and it's only a month old.
Lowered the number, thanks.

I've found that you can get each one at least once every few days, maybe even more often than that I am not entirely certain, but consistently checking several different resources between every few event completions is bound to get you one or more with a fairly decent success rate.
Kaios

Postby eXmart » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:29 pm

Cool post. I've thought about the same thing within the last month :)
Have you test these 2 events ? These only have minor addition to the EXP area
Setting the Vats. 350xp Fill a tanning tub with Prepared Animal Hides. (Add tanning tub filled with tanning fluid. Put in raw hide for EXP, and take it out).
Letting go of your Dream. 75xp Drop A Beautiful Dream!. (Add a Dream Catcher to the area)
eXmart

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:07 pm

Localized Resources may vary by type. I know I've seen a couple and gotten once a week right after world start. (Heartwood tree or Spring one, maybe the leaf one I forget the name right off hand.) Some might be rarer. It wasn't something I was paying explicit attention to, though, so wasn't thinking of a time factor on them, but really only played with any dedication the first couple weeks of the world.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby arcolithe » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:01 pm

sorry for necromancy, is this guide outdated with a recent update? Or is it still valid?
arcolithe

Postby NOOBY93 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:03 pm

arcolithe wrote:sorry for necromancy, is this guide outdated with a recent update? Or is it still valid?

It's outdated as fuck, just do quests
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Next

Return to How do I?