Bat Killing Tutorial - New combat system!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Bat Killing Tutorial - New combat system!

Postby Soukuw » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:20 pm

Hey guys, I couldn't find any good tutorials on dealing with bats, well not any about the new combat system at least so I figured I'd make my own!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wStv-yxQcfI

If there is any questions about this technique please feel free to ask.
Soukuw

Re: Bat Killing Tutorial - New combat system!

Postby vatas » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:43 pm

Same principle applies to any animal given you have enough stats/gear.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby FictionRyu » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:21 pm

So, I've got 45 UAC and 41 AGI and q29 leather armor and pants that's more than enough to kill a bat with just that one move? With all that, what else could I kill in this same method?

I'm really excited to try this because I've never been one for combat, I've always stuck to archery to hunt with, but with this method, it's seemingly a great simple way to hunt with. Provided it COULD be used for other creatures...

Edit:
Mk, so now I have 55 AGI (+14 from a Lynx cape I found from an abandoned base) and 50 UAC (had some LP I was able to spare, so I upped it by 5).
Last edited by FictionRyu on Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scooby Doo taught us that the real monsters are humans.
FictionRyu

Postby sMartins » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:40 pm

Soukuw wrote:If there is any questions about this technique please feel free to ask.

I still have some trouble...the major mistake I made i think is I keep forgetting to push the damn button, do you have some advices about?
:D funny vid, i hope that one day PVE will become more realistic. I haven't hear any plan about AI, etc..We'll see in the future.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Soukuw » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:56 am

FictionRyu wrote:So, I've got 45 UAC and 41 AGI and q29 leather armor and pants that's more than enough to kill a bat with just that one move? With all that, what else could I kill in this same method?

I'm really excited to try this because I've never been one for combat, I've always stuck to archery to hunt with, but with this method, it's seemingly a great simple way to hunt with. Provided it COULD be used for other creatures...

Edit:
Mk, so now I have 55 AGI (+14 from a Lynx cape I found from an abandoned base) and 50 UAC (had some LP I was able to spare, so I upped it by 5).

No idea about what it takes to one shot a bat, the combat system seems to be heavily aimed preventing one shots so players at least have a chance to run.

sMartins wrote:
Soukuw wrote:If there is any questions about this technique please feel free to ask.

I still have some trouble...the major mistake I made i think is I keep forgetting to push the damn button, do you have some advices about?
:D funny vid, i hope that one day PVE will become more realistic. I haven't hear any plan about AI, etc..We'll see in the future.

That's most likely the problem, the other huge problem is usually players don't realize the button can actually CHANGE depending on where you put your win button in the combat menu. Always make sure you place it on the far left so it's easily accessible by pressing 1
Soukuw

Postby FictionRyu » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:01 am

Soukuw wrote:
FictionRyu wrote:So, I've got 45 UAC and 41 AGI and q29 leather armor and pants that's more than enough to kill a bat with just that one move? With all that, what else could I kill in this same method?

Edit:

No idea about what it takes to one shot a bat, the combat system seems to be heavily aimed preventing one shots so players at least have a chance to run.

No, what I'm asking, what else with those skills that I provided could I kill with just left hook? (Sorry, I didn't know the name of the move 'till I actually got on)
Scooby Doo taught us that the real monsters are humans.
FictionRyu

Postby wafflecat » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:22 am

If you have just Left Hook, put it on and raise the number as high as you can - Image 2 in this case. A punch works nicely as well.
I'd say apart from a bat, with your stats you can easily take on a fox for starters.
Just do like in the video, you don't even have to constantly tap, just tap it right after you hit every time. You'll see the move has a bright stroke around it - that means it's queued.

Maybe have some yarrow on you for the scapes and cuts. They can add up and form harsher wounds.

PS: The more you do it and get confident and the higher you raise your stats, eventually you'll be killing beavers, boars and then deer and such. But take your time to get used to it :)
wafflecat

Postby Ysh » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:31 am

wafflecat wrote:Just do like in the video, you don't even have to constantly tap, just tap it right after you hit every time. You'll see the move has a bright stroke around it - that means it's queued.

I think button was mash for comedy effect.

@OP Maybe you can submit these video to contest!
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Soukuw » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:44 am

Ysh wrote:
wafflecat wrote:Just do like in the video, you don't even have to constantly tap, just tap it right after you hit every time. You'll see the move has a bright stroke around it - that means it's queued.

I think button was mash for comedy effect.

@OP Maybe you can submit these video to contest!

Lol actually all the audio was recorded afterwards in audacity as relive (AMDs new recording set up) wasn't picking my mic up for some reason, so that button mashing wasn't doing anything at all.
Soukuw

Postby azrid » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:40 am

This works on bears too. Just need stats.
azrid

Next

Return to How do I?