zebratul's Fighting/Taming Guide for new players (18.02.19)

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: zebratul's Fighting Guide for new players (WiP)

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Necroliter wrote:My question about threshold is caused by next observation. If i hit animal with 10% opening and my damage at 100% opening is 150 - i deal 1 damage. In theory i should have done 15. Same goes the other way around. I can safely take no damage at 20-25% opening but take 30 damage at 50% opening. For example bear (or any other strong animal) should deal AT LEAST 1 damage when your opening is non-zero. Let`s sat 5% opening and bear deal 100 damage - i SHOULD take 5 damage yet it is not the case, i can tank to some value even without wearing armor. It doesn`t seems to be that simple and linear to me, maybe i need to explicitly test it

Jorb answers this one himself:

A red attack, with a total damage of 50, hits a target with 50% "Cornered" opening. The target takes 50 * (0.5 * 0.5) = 12.5 points of damage. Had the target instead been 60% "Cornered", it would have taken 50 * (0.6 * 0.6) = 18 points of damage.

He also gives an example for two color attacks. I'll leave it for folks that want the math to look it up.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby abt79 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:01 pm

abt79's Fighting Guide for new players:

abt79

Postby zebratul » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:13 am

᛫ Added Combat Move review.
᛫ Added bulletpoints for every chapter.
᛫ Added a small description how armour works.
᛫ Added a table with required stats for killing animals.

Any further feedback is much appriciated.
Last edited by zebratul on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
zebratul

Postby Onep » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:23 am

this guide got me roasted :**((((
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby zebratul » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:48 am

Necroliter wrote:P.S. You can use body of your friend as block too, if you don`t have too many boats nearby. If animal is not aggressive - he can sit there and block it with his body and boat. Moose is nice example.

I dont like and dont recommend this way because it gets to finnicky — sometimes the animal finds a way to go past the blockage, or it often starts smashing the boat instead. It's certainly a way to hunt, but i dont really like it (you also have to either carry a second boat to block animals, preventing you from hearthing back home, or have a luxury called a friend)
zebratul

Postby Glorthan » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:12 pm

I like to use two alts + main: it means you can easily block animals with the two spare carried boats, take three inventories of forage instead of one, and carry home six animals instead of two. Pluses all 'round.
Glorthan

Postby stya » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:38 pm

Glorthan wrote:I like to use two alts + main: it means you can easily block animals with the two spare carried boats, take three inventories of forage instead of one, and carry home six animals instead of two. Pluses all 'round.

This man speaks the truth, 3 is good, you can get more... But 3 is when the fun starts :)
stya

Postby zebratul » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:22 pm

stya wrote:This man speaks the truth, 3 is good, you can get more... But 3 is when the fun starts :)

Frankly i dont see any fun in hunting with 2+ windows, but it's my personal preference.
zebratul

Postby Teleskop » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:25 pm

i read "fishing guide" and got interested but then i realized its a fighting guide done by a guy that cant fight at all
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Teleskop wrote:i read "fishing guide" and got interested but then i realized its a fighting guide done by a guy that cant fight at all

It's for new players, not pvp gods like yourself <cough, cough>.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?