Tar a rowboat?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Tar a rowboat?

Postby vatas » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:49 am

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Tar a rowboat?

Postby loftar » Wed May 17, 2023 3:05 pm

vatas wrote:[images]

I can't deny feeling this worry myself as well.

Then again, given how open the Haven website is with not even a CAPTCHA for account creation, you could also argue that it's a wonder we haven't been beset by spambots earlier, after all it's not like they didn't exist prior to GPT. I tried adding a couple of (extremely heuristic) spam-avoidance measures just Monday, and noticed it preventing no less than seven bot posts just during Tuesday. With some luck they might have some impact, and hopefully not be too draconian against actual new users. I will say that I resent having to add restrictions that also risk impacting actual users, though. Spam really is the worst.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Previous

Return to How do I?