is it possible to get sealed in if...?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

is it possible to get sealed in if...?

Postby leadpainter » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:15 am

you don't seal your palisade cornerposts but do have them on a claim? the wiki claims that "You also cannot build walls on a claim you have no rights to (not even with Criminal Acts)." but does this apply to extending from cornerposts?
leadpainter

Re: is it possible to get sealed in if...?

Postby Noogia » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:47 am

Hmm I believe it does but the character would need the skill vandalism to screw with the corner post. Better safe than sorry

Quote from ring of brodgar but I don't know if its been changed.

"A cornerpost has the option of being sealed after being built. This prevents any additional extensions from being built off that post. Warning: sealing a cornerpost is permanent. Other Players can still seal the Cornerpost while trespassing with criminal acts turned on. Otherwise it is highly recommended to complete a palisade as quickly as possible and then seal the cornerposts. Many players looking to cause problems will seal cornerposts left open (usually the first cornerpost being built and left too long) or extend a wall closing in a gate in the case of a completed wall."
Noogia

Postby Hrenli » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:06 am

If you have 1 extra tile claimed around your walls you are safe. Otherwise (I've been told numerous times but have not tried myself) it is possible to extend from claimed unsealed cornerpost to unclaimed tile using vandalism.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby loskierek » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:56 pm

you dont even need vandalism for that, sealed my neighbours village in without any criminal skills bought.your claim needs to extend 1 cell out so as to prevent grief
loskierek

Return to How do I?