is the wiki correct about taming timeframes?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: is the wiki correct about taming timeframes?

Postby Asgaroth22 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:28 am

Hitched animals don't despawn, but they reset their tamed % if you miss the window, so you have to start from scratch. Just check in the morning, after you get from school/work and before sleep. Beating one animal and rehitching it takes less than a minute, so even if you have 5 animals to tame at once you should be able to just hop in, tame and hop out if you're that busy.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Re: is the wiki correct about taming timeframes?

Postby SinJin » Thu May 02, 2019 12:24 pm

Asgaroth22 wrote:Hitched animals don't despawn, but they reset their tamed % if you miss the window, so you have to start from scratch. Just check in the morning, after you get from school/work and before sleep. Beating one animal and rehitching it takes less than a minute, so even if you have 5 animals to tame at once you should be able to just hop in, tame and hop out if you're that busy.

I agree with this info. I see it this way too.

To add, animals will not despawn while Hitched. You can have many critters on Hitching Posts forever. (It's fun to train them onto hostile raiding parties at your village during very early World.)
SinJin

Previous

Return to How do I?