is the wiki correct about taming timeframes?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

is the wiki correct about taming timeframes?

Postby leadpainter » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:46 pm

despawning after 5 hours in combat stance seems pretty harsh for people who have jobs or school. is this correct? how narrow of a timeframe do you have to do this?
leadpainter

Re: is the wiki correct about taming timeframes?

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:19 pm

Probably not accurate.
But you can buy animals quite easily after the first month or two of the world.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby mvgulik » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:46 pm

shubla wrote:Probably not accurate.
Ergo: He doesn't know.

He's probably just saying that to extend his
shubla wrote:Its just sad to look at how shitty (RoB) wiki is these days.
though process.

He probably correct about the
shubla wrote:But you can buy animals quite easily after the first month or two of the world.
(which I don't know, as none player). Although is seems to me not directly related to the actual question text (indirectly related, probably).
mvgulik

Postby uncleseano » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:22 pm

No it's much longer or at least they go into taming stance for 4 hours and then revert back to normal untamed/hitched stance until the next cycle begins

Has anyone actually had their animals despawn? I've logged off for now than a day and my animals were ready for another pounding
uncleseano

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:36 pm

There's a large portion of this game that is difficult to access if you can't log in at least every 8 hours while it is going on.

As far as the time frame mentioned... It's hard to say. From what I understand, 5 hours is the absolute minimum, but I'd have to know more details before saying you have an edge case, or were just unlucky. I've certainly seen animals in the fight mode for longer than 5 hours, and they don't necessarily despawn if you miss a window. If you miss enough of them, yes, they will. If the wiki is lacking information on this, it's because we the players haven't been able to organize accurate information, and there's no point in filling the wiki with wrong information.

There is also a bug. I don't recall if it was ever fixed. If the animal is leashed near map section boundaries, it can get despawned because it looses track of it's hitch when different map sections load and unload. (One map section being a 100x100 tile area you can see through the maps displayed in game.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:41 pm

uncleseano wrote:Has anyone actually had their animals despawn? I've logged off for now than a day and my animals were ready for another pounding

It may be that they wont go into taming stance again, if you don't tame them in time or something.

There are many timers in the game and no one really seems to care to fix them into the wiki. (Crop growth times for example are all over the place in wiki at the moment)
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby DamJNeT » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:27 pm

leadpainter wrote:despawning after 5 hours in combat stance seems pretty harsh for people who have jobs or school. is this correct? how narrow of a timeframe do you have to do this?

It is indeed harsh. I hope they'll look into those timers, right now nothing is fun about taming.
DamJNeT

Postby KitsuneG » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:00 pm

DamJNeT wrote:
leadpainter wrote:despawning after 5 hours in combat stance seems pretty harsh for people who have jobs or school. is this correct? how narrow of a timeframe do you have to do this?

It is indeed harsh. I hope they'll look into those timers, right now nothing is fun about taming.

Ha-ha. I'd rather delete them at all.
Last edited by KitsuneG on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:33 pm

KitsuneG wrote:Ha-ha. I'd rather delete them at all.

pretty much this.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby NeoBasilisk » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 pm

Animals shouldn't despawn if they are hitched. Right?
Unless you are talking about missing the taming window. I mean it's not a huge deal, since you can always check the next day. The animal isn't going anywhere.
NeoBasilisk

Next

Return to How do I?