A job for a noob

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: A job for a noob

Postby pppp » Thu May 09, 2019 9:27 am

MagicManICT wrote:
pppp wrote:
Dondy wrote:Transportation of rowboats overland.

Now, that's cruel !

If you have a place to park the cart or the rowboat... not that big a deal. If you don't, Make a road from where you can park a cart to the water. Load boat and whatever you're putting in it to the cart... much much easier. Still tedious work if you have a few people doing a job (and no knarr for cargo capacity), and potentially a lot of travel weariness.

Yeah, true. Six boats + a cart + a horse (or a road) and it is not a big deal.
More industrial variant with a big wagon.
I just imagined the poor noob crawling under a boat with two packages inside. ;)
pppp

Postby MagicManICT » Thu May 09, 2019 5:39 pm

pppp wrote:I just imagined the poor noob crawling under a boat with two packages inside.

I think I did that last world at my hermit base because I didn't want a road from the water to my front door, and couldn't be arsed to drop a claim near the water to park a cart at. "Stubborness to the point of stupidity" can be one of my glaring faults.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby borka » Thu May 09, 2019 5:56 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
pppp wrote:I just imagined the poor noob crawling under a boat with two packages inside.

I think I did that last world at my hermit base because I didn't want a road from the water to my front door, and couldn't be arsed to drop a claim near the water to park a cart at. "Stubborness to the point of stupidity" can be one of my glaring faults.

The good thing: under a boat with two loads we're all the same ... whether you're a casual-can't-catch-up-lowbie or a nolife-ratracer, even the
serverleader
is down to crawl ... jorbs joy in this gets only topped when midges are around too ... ;)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby NeoBasilisk » Fri May 10, 2019 11:19 pm

After all this time, I didn't realize that you could put boats in carts. The idea seemed so absurd to me that I never even tried it.
NeoBasilisk

Postby raucameron1981 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:37 pm

nice thread :)
raucameron1981

Previous

Return to How do I?