"Play" Button help

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

"Play" Button help

Postby Brandoncake » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:27 pm

When I try and use the play button for autohaven.jar it won't run. I tried opening it and don't understand what the code means. Windows 10, tried Chrome, Firefox, and Internet explorer. Updated Java today.
Help please.
Brandoncake

Re: "Play" Button help

Postby AntiBlitz » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:26 pm

instead of attempting to explain something thats somewhat technical. Lets just go to this thread here, go to the github link, and download the amber client. go into the amber client folder and simply click run. the game should automatically start. Might be a long pause with a black screen on your first play, do not worry about it. let it keep going, its loading.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=40400
AntiBlitz

Postby shubla » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:52 pm

Download it and launch with
Code: Select all
java -jar jarname.jar

and replace jarname with name of the launcher
use java 8
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:07 am

AntiBlitz wrote:instead of attempting to explain something thats somewhat technical.

None of this works if Java isn't installed first. The only time that a .jar file isn't opened when double-clicked is if Java isn't installed or the path isn't properly configured.

Download Java from https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp Get the appropriate 64-bit version for Windows. (Most people are still running 32-bit browsers, and this is what is detected for the "appropriate download" for the operating system if you allow java.com to auto-detect the download for your computer.)

Already installed Java? It may not be finding the proper executable to run a .jar file. Simply "Run with" and select Java as the appropriate application. If you don't see it there, you can browse to the location you installed java (typically c:\Windows\Program Files(x86)\java_<ver_num>), and look in the "bin" folder for "java.exe".

As far as the modded and custom client, Amber, Ender's, Puru's Pasta, and Ardenne's clients are accepted by the community as reliable.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby AntiBlitz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:48 am

he literally said he updated java in the first post...............................
AntiBlitz

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:34 am

Just because it's updated doesn't mean it's properly installed. Installations fail. There's an issue with updates not processing correctly.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Brandoncake » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:28 pm

Thank you, works now. :mrgreen:
Brandoncake

Return to How do I?