A Doubt of Milk

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

A Doubt of Milk

Postby WESKERBOY » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:58 am

I started my cheese production and i have lot of doubts, as an hermit i stick to sheep cause they breed faster cheese is good and dont need lots of food as with cows.

well my doubts are

1 how many milk a ewe produces per day?

2 lambs drink ewes milk?

3 if lambs drink milk can i take them out to take more advantage on milk production?

thanks very much for ur answers :D!
Last edited by Granger on Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: de-allcapped title.
W5 hermit
W6 hermit
Dropout
1/2 w11 hermit other 1/2 citizen of Arkona
WESKERBOY

Re: A DOUBT OF MILK

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:09 am

The ewe tells you how much milk it produces per day--"Milk quantity."

I think the exact number is around somewhere. I believe the lamb drinks half of what the mother produces at base quality levels. As milk quantity goes up, there will be more to collect after the ewe feeds the lamb(s).

If you remove the lamb from the ewe, they will starve, and if it doesn't kill them, then it'll seriously hurt your attempts at quality.

Cheese production is just like everything else--time. Time to increase quality, time to increase quantity.

Relative RoB article: http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Animal_Qualities (Note: the page still mentions ESV values... these can be ignored and are no longer in game.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Re: A DOUBT OF MILK

Postby WESKERBOY » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:07 am

MagicManICT wrote:The ewe tells you how much milk it produces per day--"Milk quantity."

I think the exact number is around somewhere. I believe the lamb drinks half of what the mother produces at base quality levels. As milk quantity goes up, there will be more to collect after the ewe feeds the lamb(s).

If you remove the lamb from the ewe, they will starve, and if it doesn't kill them, then it'll seriously hurt your attempts at quality.

Cheese production is just like everything else--time. Time to increase quality, time to increase quantity.

Relative RoB article: http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Animal_Qualities (Note: the page still mentions ESV values... these can be ignored and are no longer in game.)

Thanks a lot man! :D
W5 hermit
W6 hermit
Dropout
1/2 w11 hermit other 1/2 citizen of Arkona
WESKERBOY

Re: A Doubt of Milk

Postby NeoBasilisk » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:12 pm

In my experience, sheep produce the least amount of milk compared to cows and goats.
NeoBasilisk

Return to How do I?