Gardener credo

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Gardener credo

Postby valeriesusanne » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:30 pm

I'm trying to pursue the gardener credo and I'm being asked to plant troll mushrooms. Do I really have to kill trolls to complete the gardener's credo? Is there any other way to get troll mushrooms? From what I've been reading, I would surely be killed!
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Re: Gardener credo

Postby Mashadar » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:10 pm

The easiest way (besides just abandoning the quest) would be to buy them from someone else. At the Community Fair they are being sold for 10 gold coins and at the LW market you can buy them for 5 gold coins.
Mashadar

Postby valeriesusanne » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:50 am

Oh, well... I'll probably run into a troll trying to find gold anyway :-P How many levels down do I need to go to get gold? Too bad I didn't know ahead of time, I may have tried the quarryman first! Thanks for the tip :-)
valeriesusanne

Postby loleznub » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:11 am

Level 5+ is where you can find gold, the lower the more common.

If you don't know this, I wouldn't suggest trying to fight Trolls. They cannot really be cheesed like a bear/mammoth and will kill you, especially if you try to 1v1 the monster.

Finding a troll also doesn't guarantee getting the mushrooms, as you need to find the correct version that has them.
loleznub

Postby Garri » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:51 am

You could always abandon the quest. It sets you back one quest, but you get a new (hopefully easier) one in its place.
Garri

Postby valeriesusanne » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:35 pm

If I abandon the quest, is it still possible to acquire the credo? Or would I be abandoning the whole credo? I would really like to get the gardeners credo
valeriesusanne

Postby loleznub » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Abandoning a quest will remove your current quest and make you regress in progress.

For instance if you are Level 1 with 3/8 quests so far and you abandon a quest you will be pushed back to Level 1 with 2/8 quests completed.

Likewise, Level 5 with 1/8 so far and you abandon a quest you will be pushed back to Level 4 8/8 quests completed and lose benefits for completing level 4, until you complete the current quest again.

Additionally, if you are Level 1 with 1/8 and you abandon that quest you will abandon the Credo and simply ned to repurchase the Credo again with LP.
loleznub

Postby Sigilius » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:28 pm

You don’t need gold to buy the troll mushrooms at a fair/trade depot, just sell something(s) to get the coins, then just buy the shrooms...
Sigilius

Postby Headchef » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:26 pm

It is indeed ridiculous to ask as a task to get the actual credo.
Would also be good to have troll mushroom locked behind gardener credo so it also cannot be asked anymore, it's just unreasonable.

But unreasonable is kind of the credo trademark at this point so.... will most likely remain unchanged
Headchef

Postby valeriesusanne » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:22 am

Thanks guys! :-)
valeriesusanne

Next

Return to How do I?