Mining changes?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Mining changes?

Postby tyrtix » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:40 pm

It seems i cannot get a single stone over 15ql in the first level, is that normal? i've up to 25 masonry and mined in places i've found 40ql stones mined from others, and still get no more than 15ql...
tyrtix

Re: Mining changes?

Postby WESKERBOY » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:07 pm

Is a big world mine more ull get betetr q i started with 10 then found up to 55 on lvl 1 on lvl 2 started with 30 hope to find 70+
W5 hermit
W6 hermit
Dropout
1/2 w11 hermit other 1/2 citizen of Arkona
WESKERBOY

Postby loleznub » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:08 pm

Quality is softcapped by your tool being used as well as node. Each type of stone has a different quality node. Same with ore.

If your node is let's say Q20, that would be the highest it could ever go at that particular spot for that specific type of stone/ore. This is where your masonry skill is checked, to make sure you can mine up to that quality node. If since your masonry is 25, you will be able to mine up to Q25 nodes without being hardcapped by your masonry.

Now, if you're using a q10 stone axe on a q20 node, it will be softcapped by the softcap formula. Likewise if you're using a q50000 pickaxe on a q20 node, you will receive q20 stone/ore at that location because both your mining instrument and masonry skill are at or above the nodes quality.

Now let's say you have a q100 stone axe and 30 masonry skill, but go to mine a q70 node of whatever. You will be hardcapped due to your masonry skill and could only every receive quality 30 stones/ore, regardless of the stone axes quality.

Essentially the first check is the nodes quality vs your masonry quality (hardcapping). Then following this when you being extracting resources it is checked again only by the quality of the tool being used, with what the hardcapped version of the stone would be.
loleznub

Postby tyrtix » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:48 pm

no, i don't have any softcap problem since i have both a 12ql pick and 14ql axe so i should be able to mine well over 15ql stones, especially in veins i've found 45ql stones around. Mind i moved around in half of the east area of the server in different caves and never got more than 15ql stones...
tyrtix

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:42 am

Highest quality I've found on L1 this world was about 60ish. Finding good stone can be hard in some areas. Best bet, if you want quality, is to just go down as fast as you can afford to.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby tyrtix » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:15 am

MagicManICT wrote:Highest quality I've found on L1 this world was about 60ish. Finding good stone can be hard in some areas. Best bet, if you want quality, is to just go down as fast as you can afford to.

That i know, i was just wondering if there was something i've overlooked, since i've found mined stones at over 40ql but i still get only 15ql everywhere i go
tyrtix

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:19 am

Stones are hardcapped to your masonry skill when mined, and softcapped by the quality of tool you use second.

loleznub wrote:Quality is softcapped by your tool being used as well as node.

If you mine a q20 stone with a q15 axe, you will end up with q17.5. If you mine a q20 stone and only have 15 masonry, you only get q15.

Make sure your masonry is not being boosted by a realm bonus that you don't get underground. Make sure you have the proper clothes on so you get the masonry bonus you're expecting, and not less. Check your wounds. Some wounds will lower your masonry skill--particularly concussions.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby tyrtix » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:57 am

ok, i've checked my masonry level while mining, it's 25 at least and with axe 14ql i should not get only 15ql stones everywhere i go (this also is suspect). I'll keep mining a bit more but if i keep getting 15ql stones i may try in the bug section.
tyrtix

Postby fierce » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:08 am

You may find it easier to find better stone by digging stone patches on the surface. In my experience, entire mountains tend to be Q10...but i've found patches that are q40 before.
fierce

Postby tyrtix » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:41 pm

finally did it, mined again an area i was already mining and i got some bits at better ql.
tyrtix

Return to How do I?