How I can connect to Old Legacy Server?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How I can connect to Old Legacy Server?

Postby devromans » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:53 pm

Hello folks, actually I "verified" my account for 15$ and downloaded old client from http://legacy.havenandhearth.com/java/haven.jnlp.

After running client I see white screen (OS: Mac OS X) :(. Next step was to build anemone-31.07.19 client from sources, it runs, but during login process I see "Connection refused". Is server still alive? I purchased 15$ only to have possibility to play on old server. What options I have?

[SOLVED] Problem solved, anemone client works, run options was wrong, right one: "java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -jar maid.jar moltke.seatribe.se -r ./res"

But guys, really? I don't want to compile some custom client for 15$, I'm not even know Java...
devromans

Re: How I can connect to Old Legacy Server?

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:12 pm

The legacy server is running as a favor to players that want to relive some of the old versions. You can always use the standard client without any extra hassles (for setting up a client, that is).

devromans wrote:I'm not even know Java

You don't really need to know a language to compile it as long as your system functions properly and you can follow the short directions. You could do everyone else a favor that might want to use a Mac and upload the compiled client somewhere. :)

My understanding was that one of the clients was working just fine (Union?) without needing the extra work, but I don't follow legacy information at all.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby borka » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:33 am

You're better off with Anemone anyways - gratz on successfully compiling :!:

Upload it to mediafire or such and share here at forums please
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=57579&p=837241#p837241

the default client might use an older jogl version not compatible with your MacOS version thus the white screen ... ??

Any hints on how to make Java 8 work on newer Mac OS would help some ppl too

If you need contacts to legacy players pm me ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby mvgulik » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:31 pm

My critical mind tell me there is a potential security risk around here somewhere.

Stranger is still Stranger, no matter how tasty his cookie might be.
... or Red Apple for that matter. ;-)
mvgulik

Return to How do I?