Client on Linux?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Client on Linux?

Postby Xhodan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:55 pm

I'm trying to play the game on Linux mint. I've checked to see that I have Java installed which I do, however whenever running the run.sh file through the terminal nothing actually loads. I've also tried running the native client and that will load, but then after it's done loading the game doesn't launch. Anyone have any suggestions?
Xhodan

Re: Client on Linux?

Postby Xhodan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:36 pm

Code: Select all
xhodan@DT-1-2019:~/Desktop/Haven & Hearth Amber$ sh run.sh
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary$3 (file:/home/xhodan/Desktop/Haven%20&%20Hearth%20Amber/gluegen-rt.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.findLibrary(java.lang.String)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary$3
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-lookup.c: 111: check_match: Assertion `version->filename == NULL || ! _dl_name_match_p (version->filename, map)' failed!
xhodan@DT-1-2019:~/Desktop/Haven & Hearth Amber$

Well I made a little bit of progress, however this happened?
Xhodan

Postby stya » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:41 pm

Check that you have java 8 installed, it should run fine on linux with the right java version.
stya

Postby Xhodan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:37 pm

I'll go ahead and try that, let you know if that works.
Xhodan

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:20 pm

Closing this thread. No need to have the conversation in two different places. If you need to follow up, do it in the Amber client thread. Thanks.

In the future, if you have a question or need support, try to give the community some time to get a solution for you. There's a dedicated group of us that provides support, but we don't always get to a problem quickly.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to How do I?