Is there a discord?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Is there a discord?

Postby NeoBasilisk » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:47 am

yeah the game mostly grows by word of mouth in various communities
normal people do not play this game
NeoBasilisk

Postby NeoBasilisk » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:53 am

Throughout the game's history, the the world is periodically reset. A new map is generated, and all players must created new characters. This is usually accompanied by significant changes to the map generator and other large gameplay changes. The current world is World 11. The length of each world varies.

World 8 - about 6 months
World 9 - about a year
World 10 - about 2 years
World 11 - 9+ months so far

The game used to be 2D and pixel-based. This lasted through World 7. This is usually called Legacy Haven now. World 7 is actually still running and can be accessed if you have a subscription. With the release of World 8 in 2015, the game made the jump to 3D. Interestingly, from a gameplay perspective, World 8 was actually more similar to the legacy worlds in many ways than the current world, despite the change to 3D.
NeoBasilisk

Postby vatas » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:27 am

shubla wrote:
ProfessorTau wrote:I was just curious about the game progression since it looks very in-depth made and complicated (in a good way), and it seems that not many people at all play this game. I'm sure many people never heard of this game, so I was wondering if it is being advertised somewhere or if it will be published on a popular environment where people can find the game.
I found this game by asking a general question about non popular games and someone suggested this game.

There will never be advertising of this game anywhere. Developers of this game have said so, they said that if the game is good enough, people will find it. Thus there is no need for any advertising at all!

Devs had W1 and character creation open for months. Nobody showed up, because they had no way of knowing about it. It wasn't until almost a year later that they participated in Swedish Game Awards and the word got out.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby borka » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:19 am

NeoBasilisk wrote: World 7 is actually still running and can be accessed if you have a verified account for one time payment of 15 USD.

FIFY :)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Previous

Return to How do I?