Is there a point to stealth?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Is there a point to stealth?

Postby Tamalak » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:11 pm

For a combat alt, raider, thief, etc? Does stealth actually help at all? It seems like typically there are so many scents that even an annoyingly broad search arc is no problem. What are peoples' thoughts on this.
Tamalak

Re: Is there a point to stealth?

Postby shubla » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:13 pm

I think that stealth only helps when you craft some items to increase the softcap and makes seeing scents that you have left a bit more difficult for others.
Quite useless skill, except if you have lots of spare LP and want to do crimes without getting tracked by noobs.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby vatas » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:33 pm

Bit part of the disappearing Snekkja and Docks case was the uncertainty of whether it was bug or some people bashing them. This was because to newbie or even casual hermit, there was no visible difference between the two because they couldn't possibly see the scents.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:35 pm

ye we had like 1000+ int and 600+ stealth so we wouldnt get tracked. scents should PROB show up regardless of perc you just cant track them if you are a small eyed boi.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Burinn » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:55 pm

wonder-ass wrote:ye we had like 1000+ int and 600+ stealth so we wouldnt get tracked. scents should PROB show up regardless of perc you just cant track them if you are a small eyed boi.

This.

Probably the silliest thing you can do with it if you're willing to put in the time/dedicate the stats.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:42 pm

1000 INT for well developed characters is a starting goal, at least in my opinion. Getting stealth to 500+ is probably painful when you compare what you could have spent the LP in, but far from difficult to obtain.

I think in the dock case, and one person reporting a bug on the "missing docks," a poster mentioned having 500/500 Per/expl and having a hard time tracking the scents found.

wonder-ass wrote:ye we had like 1000+ int and 600+ stealth so we wouldnt get tracked. scents should PROB show up regardless of perc you just cant track them if you are a small eyed boi.

I think there should be a threshold. Come in and leaving minimal scents? There's evidence of the crime (missing or destroyed items, a body), but nothing there for an unskilled observer to see other than the obvious. Leaving scents all over the place, such as a fight around a village or mass destruction, it should make scents more visible and easier to track. Reward selective play, punish wanton destruction.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby HarryDresden » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:35 am

MagicManICT wrote:

I think there should be a threshold. Come in and leaving minimal scents? There's evidence of the crime (missing or destroyed items, a body), but nothing there for an unskilled observer to see other than the obvious. Leaving scents all over the place, such as a fight around a village or mass destruction, it should make scents more visible and easier to track. Reward selective play, punish wanton destruction.

I like this idea, it makes the scope of the crime matter.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby vatas » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:54 pm

BUMP
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:54 pm

vatas wrote:

BUMP

PM this to jorbtar. Posting this simply as a note that it's been suggested to them.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jorb » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:33 pm

It works for what it is, at least. Your scents become more difficult to see.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Next

Return to How do I?