Combat ability in pve

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Combat ability in pve

Postby Azureek » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:22 pm

Since you got to double your opponent combat ability to gain an advantage in building openings, is there any informations on combat ability of animals? For example how many points of unarmed combat ability i need to build more openings on a boar?
Azureek

Re: Combat ability in pve

Postby Sevenless » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:32 pm

Stat wise, animals are about the same as they were pre patch. The new delta weightings seem to apply to them as well. I can only give you rough, probably wrong, estimates on their stats but I remember boar being 60ish in the past? UA/MC matter a lot less than agility does as far as fighting in PvE goes though.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Re: Combat ability in pve

Postby Glac1al » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:51 pm

If you have low agility then even high UA/Melee likely won't help when animals can just maintain the openings low enough and not let you to hit through their armor (foxes/badgers/bats aside)

just go for agility if you want fair fights, LP investments mostly help with cheese methods due to the ability to squeeze in more openings before you go into hiding and clearing your own

bows are fairly strong but utilizing them without someone baiting or tamed horses (you don't want to use bows on wild horses trust me) can still be a challenge depending on what you're fighting
Glac1al

Return to How do I?