Glimmers during autumn?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Glimmers during autumn?

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:12 pm

Sevenless wrote:It's just the global pool drying up as more people capable of seeing them forage caves.

This.

I'm not able to get 30 glimmers in a day or a pearl every ~100 mussels any more. I've heard some people cooking up to 700 mussels for a pearl nowadays :? .

I'd suggest trying to go looking for glimmer when there are less people online, if you have anyone in your village that doesn't play at peak times, that is.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby AtoB » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:49 am

Nightdawg wrote:
Sevenless wrote:It's just the global pool drying up as more people capable of seeing them forage caves.

This.

I'm not able to get 30 glimmers in a day or a pearl every ~100 mussels any more. I've heard some people cooking up to 700 mussels for a pearl nowadays :? .

Which boils down to giving an unneeded boost to the ones being able to see something first (and, likely, then botting the shit out of it)... while fucking over the rest.

Classical example of an J&L winner takes all turd mechanic which would work well in a single-player game to stop accumulating piles of $stuff but is a completely toxic idea to implement in a multiplayer environment (at least in case one slightly cares about providing fun to the users, not just a tiny subset of them).
AtoB

Postby czaper2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:19 am

Nightdawg wrote:
Sevenless wrote:I've heard some people cooking up to 700 mussels for a pearl nowadays :? .

Nobody could be that crazy!
czaper2

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:34 pm

AtoB wrote:Classical example of an J&L winner takes all turd mechanic which would work well in a single-player game to stop accumulating piles of $stuff but is a completely toxic idea to implement in a multiplayer environment (at least in case one slightly cares about providing fun to the users, not just a tiny subset of them).

It's not the pool that gives the advantage, it's the items themselves. If we have 10 pearls and 10 glimmermoss now, and big boys have 500 of each (random inaccurate examples), had there been no pool, we'd have 100 pearls/glimmer while they'd have 20000. If anything, it only slows down their hard snowballing a bit. So that's better than nothing :mrgreen:

czaper2 wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:
Sevenless wrote:I've heard some people cooking up to 700 mussels for a pearl nowadays :? .

Nobody could be that crazy!

I have to admit I have done that once in w11, and I'm like only moderate crazy :lol:
Nightdawg

Postby Ysh » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:36 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
AtoB wrote:Classical example of an J&L winner takes all turd mechanic which would work well in a single-player game to stop accumulating piles of $stuff but is a completely toxic idea to implement in a multiplayer environment (at least in case one slightly cares about providing fun to the users, not just a tiny subset of them).

It's not the pool that gives the advantage, it's the items themselves. If we have 10 pearls and 10 glimmermoss now, and big boys have 500 of each (random inaccurate examples), had there been no pool, we'd have 100 pearls/glimmer while they'd have 20000. If anything, it only slows down their hard snowballing a bit. So that's better than nothing :mrgreen:

Excess do not matter once saturation have been reached. If saturation is 100 in this example, latter case I think is better for nab player.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:19 am

Ysh wrote:Excess do not matter once saturation have been reached. If saturation is 100 in this example, latter case I think is better for nab player.

I suppose you've got a fair point, I haven't thought of it like that. I guess they wouldn't snowball harder if we were able to study pearls/glimmermoss/peculiar floatsams at the same rate as they are, since it's not possible to study multiple of the same curios at once. :|
Unless I misunderstood what you meant :D

But then, they'd just be curios that everyone will just farm/camp non-stop. I haven't played legacy but isn't that why these global pools were created?
Nightdawg

Postby Uriel » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:08 am

Global pool sucks from the time it was created. I hate it.
Uriel

Postby Ysh » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:03 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
Ysh wrote:Excess do not matter once saturation have been reached. If saturation is 100 in this example, latter case I think is better for nab player.

I suppose you've got a fair point, I haven't thought of it like that. I guess they wouldn't snowball harder if we were able to study pearls/glimmermoss/peculiar floatsams at the same rate as they are, since it's not possible to study multiple of the same curios at once. :|
Unless I misunderstood what you meant :D

Yes, I think you understand what I mean.
Nightdawg wrote:But then, they'd just be curios that everyone will just farm/camp non-stop. I haven't played legacy but isn't that why these global pools were created?

Maybe. I think already player will ''farm/camp non-stop'' best curios that he can get consistently, even if he can not get glimmers. If some player are still able to do this with glimmer, is global pool really solving problem anyway?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby berkeert » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:18 pm

I'd say the global pool should be scaled up or down every whenever it replenishes according to the number of people online. The current posts indicate that the resources are replenished by a fixed amount. While it may seem to be intented in the games principles to race for the scarce resources. Something as essential as foregables shouldnt be that scarce. Everyone should be able to get their slice.

Plus the game, while keeping its nature, should be worked to be less time consuming imo. This is the reason i quit last world. People mention getting no glimms(just one example) within multiple foraging runs. And whether you are on your horse or not, multiple foraging runs take a long time. Just like everything else in this game if you ask me.
berkeert

Postby AtoB » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:08 am

Depending on the implementation global pool either sucks or sucks even harder.

Example: In case the pool is keeping the amount of a certain item in existence (like it seems to happen with pearls) within limits one can simply bot it hard enough to the point of being able to control (within limits, but good enough) the time that item is able to spawn. Simply by farming it without consumption till monopoly (or something near enough) is reached, then it'll only spawn after some are consumed - which can then directly be re-farmed (by the bots) as basically every other (sane) player has already given up on trying to obtain that non-spawning item.
AtoB

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?