How do I Automatically equip Fishing Item?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How do I Automatically equip Fishing Item?

Postby havenman » Sat May 02, 2020 11:10 am

when I lost "lure & Hook & line", I always equip it manually
it is tired, is there solution? help
havenman
Under curfew

Re: How do I Automatically equip Fishing Item?

Postby MagicManICT » Sun May 03, 2020 2:56 am

Get a client with a scripting API and write a macro. Beyond that, no, there is nothing in game to let you automatically re-equip a fishing pole.

Given the complexity of the fishing system today, I'm not sure I'd want the game to do it for me, and I certainly don't like the auto-equipping of any "bait" after I catch a fish when using fresh bait. Feel free to suggest it in Critiques & Ideas. I'm sure a few people will like the idea, just not me.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun May 03, 2020 3:02 am

MagicManICT wrote:Get a client with a scripting API and write a macro. Beyond that, no, there is nothing in game to let you automatically re-equip a fishing pole.

Given the complexity of the fishing system today, I'm not sure I'd want the game to do it for me, and I certainly don't like the auto-equipping of any "bait" after I catch a fish when using fresh bait. Feel free to suggest it in Critiques & Ideas. I'm sure a few people will like the idea, just not me.

I wouldn't mind if lure fishing auto-replaced with -identical- stuff if it's in your inventory, but it'd probably just work the same way bait (and everything else) does and grab whatever the last item is. :(
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby havenman » Thu May 14, 2020 7:23 am

MagicManICT wrote:Get a client with a scripting API and write a macro. Beyond that, no, there is nothing in game to let you automatically re-equip a fishing pole.

thx ok I go to idea thread
havenman
Under curfew

Postby havenman » Thu May 14, 2020 7:25 am

Audiosmurf wrote:

I wouldn't mind if lure fishing auto-replaced with -identical- stuff if it's in your inventory, but it'd probably just work the same way bait (and everything else) does and grab whatever the last item is. :(

yea me too
havenman
Under curfew

Return to How do I?