Can we increase UI size yet?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Can we increase UI size yet?

Postby Traslogan » Mon May 11, 2020 5:15 am

As the title suggests, I'm wondering if we're able to increase the UI of the game at all yet. I made a post perhaps a year or so back asking and it wasn't possible, which makes playing on my 4K monitor impossible (and even using my 150% scaling from windows that I use anyway, it means my UI is as if I was on 1440p and even that is unplayable). I can't see anything in the client to let me change it, and I don't want to have to set my resolution to 1080p and mess up my desktop layout just to play this one game and it's keeping me away from returning to H&H.

Is there anything in the works to help those of us who are anywhere above 1080p?
Traslogan

Re: Can we increase UI size yet?

Postby MagicManICT » Mon May 11, 2020 5:22 am

Not any time soon. I know loftar has acknowledged the problem, and the current focus is getting the client update finished first. After that... hard to give any ETA on a client-based fix. In the mean time, you'll need to use display resolution changes or driver based scaling. The update is going to OpenGL 3.x, so the background tech is there to make it easy to correct this issue.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Traslogan » Mon May 11, 2020 6:22 pm

Shame, guess I can't play yet then.
Traslogan

Postby AlexNT » Wed May 13, 2020 3:34 am

Traslogan wrote:it means my UI is as if I was on 1440p and even that is unplayable

IDK about that, my XB271 @100% scaling feels a bit on the small side, but definitely not "unplayable". Not saying this isn't a problem in general, though.
AlexNT

Return to How do I?