Are Mudflats refillable?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Are Mudflats refillable?

Postby Thaydi » Fri May 15, 2020 1:58 am

Title sdays it all.

In normal unpaved terrain, when we drop dirt on the floor it gets absorved and it increases the height. Does it do the same to mudflats?

In the same manner, would the quality of the dirt matter in this subject?

Thanks!
World 10 - Founder and Duke of the Duchy of Rattenschloß
World 9 - Founder of Meadhaus County
Thaydi

Re: Are Mudflats refillable?

Postby MagicManICT » Fri May 15, 2020 3:49 am

no, you cannot refill the acre clay.

no, the quality of the dirt you dump doesn't matter. It automagically turns into the quality that currently exists defying all laws of physics... because computers don't simulate real physics very well. probably could be exploited, might be exploited by a few, but given the amount of dirt you can pull out of an area, and that natural soil becomes irrelevant by the end of the first month, it's probably not worth fixing.

(apologies for lack of capitalization... seems like my keyboard is going bad. or my pinky finger isn't working correctly.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Thaydi » Fri May 15, 2020 4:47 am

Thanks for the kind answer!

Feels bad I can't use acre clay forever. :(
Thaydi

Postby MagicManICT » Fri May 15, 2020 8:15 am

The depth you can dig down in any particular spot is more dependent on how wide you can make your hole. The z-level goes about as low as it does high (or more) as I understand it... I've never been able to test that depth, anyway. (Not that I've actually tried, just to note that.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby mvgulik » Fri May 15, 2020 5:19 pm

Mmm. Near the end of world 11 I encountered a soil spot inside a mudflat.
And the given explanation for that (think it was at Discord Rob wiki channel) was that someone might have dropped/inserted some soil into that location. (in hindsight that makes not 'that' much sense)
This of course conflicts with not being able/allowed to insert soil/clay/stuff into mudflat tiles.

Ergo: Time to do a little checkup.
Yep.
Mudflad terrain resists inserting stuff. (Seems any/all stuff ... checked with: Soil, Worm, Granite (stones, etc), Stone axe (user items), and of course Acre/Red-Clay (any clay))

(Guess my initial thought on the soil-spot inside a mudflat was still the better one. Probably super-grid-corner related (although I never checked that part, ... (Which seems to not fit either - lol) ).)
mvgulik

Postby Thaydi » Sat May 16, 2020 1:26 pm

I've found a dirt spot on a flat surface on a mudflat too. It means that it wasn't made by someone, but instead it spawned naturally.
Thaydi

Postby mvgulik » Sun May 17, 2020 2:01 pm

Thaydi wrote:I've found a dirt spot on a flat surface on a mudflat too. It means that it wasn't made by someone, but instead it spawned naturally.
Aha, thanks for confirming this is also still possible in the world 12 version.

That (natural generated) idea also crossed my mind. (although some time after writing my previous post)

Lets see ... Think I call it a "None polygon-shaped single-terrain-type area world generator hiccup". ;)

... Makes we wonder a bit how those cases are processed by the client(s) (as these cases seem to not visual show up on the map(s))
... If its a general thing ... there seems to be the possibility (of detecting this) also on other terrains that generate other stuff than soil.

Moved / Split this particular terrain-point oddity to a separate topic. Terrain map-point hickups / How mudflat 'tiles' can be refilled.
Last edited by mvgulik on Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Mon May 18, 2020 8:57 pm

"Are Mudflats refillable?"

Although "No" is the right answer. ... There is a loophole that allow one to turn dirt into acre-clay.
mvgulik

Postby MagicManICT » Mon May 18, 2020 10:38 pm

mvgulik wrote:"Are Mudflats refillable?"

Although "No" is the right answer. ... There is a loophole that allow one to turn dirt into acre-clay.

Don't tease us... if you're going to tell us there's an exploit, then tell us what the exploit is and how to use it. :roll:
MagicManICT

Return to How do I?