[Taming] Horse don't run

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

[Taming] Horse don't run

Postby havenman » Wed May 20, 2020 4:06 am

I have attempted to tame horse 4 times
but I killed it every time

why don't run Horse? :oops:
Is the position of the Hitching Post relevant? I made it in a small space near the chicken coop

I punched only the 4th time, but horse don't run

do I need to make Hitching Post spacious postion?
I don't understand help me :x
havenman
Under curfew

Re: [Taming] Horse don't run

Postby MagicManICT » Wed May 20, 2020 4:19 am

An idea with what you're working with might be helpful. A picture says a thousand words.

Some have said there are issues with doing too little damage that the animal never actually registers as being weakened. Others have brought up not having enough space around the animal for it to "run away," so it never can path, and thus never disengages.

You didn't mention, but be sure to toggle the "peaceful" "aggressive" switch so that when the animal tries to run, combat breaks all together.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby havenman » Wed May 20, 2020 5:39 am

MagicManICT wrote:An idea with what you're working with might be helpful. A picture says a thousand words.

Some have said there are issues with doing too little damage that the animal never actually registers as being weakened. Others have brought up not having enough space around the animal for it to "run away," so it never can path, and thus never disengages.

You didn't mention, but be sure to toggle the "peaceful" "aggressive" switch so that when the animal tries to run, combat breaks all together.

what is toggle the "peaceful" "aggressive"?
a -> t -> can't find
havenman
Under curfew

Postby darkgore » Wed May 20, 2020 10:17 pm

havenman wrote:what is toggle the "peaceful" "aggressive"?
a -> t -> can't find

At the top right of the screen when you are attacking you will see two crossed swords, touch them and change to peaceful (swords and a twig). For taming, as soon as you start aggroing the animal you must toggle to peaceful or the animal will not separate and you will kill it.
darkgore

Postby MagicManICT » Wed May 20, 2020 11:10 pm

darkgore wrote:For taming, as soon as you start aggroing the animal you must toggle to peaceful or the animal will not separate and you will kill it.

Not true. However, when fighting any animal, there is a chance it will or won't flee. It's not a hard value such as "do 60% damage to it," which is why you want to make sure you do this. As I understand, it's based more on how much damage you're doing in a hit/per time unit vs total hit points of damage taken. Frequently enough, if you don't set the combat to "peaceful" yourself, the animal will fail to do it and you'll kill it. Or the animal will run and you won't notice moments before landing one more hit that just happens to be the killing blow.

to note: this is true of any combat with animals, whether taming or if your goal is hunting for meat.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Glorthan » Thu May 21, 2020 2:26 am

MagicManICT wrote:Not true. However, when fighting any animal, there is a chance it will or won't flee. It's not a hard value such as "do 60% damage to it," which is why you want to make sure you do this. As I understand, it's based more on how much damage you're doing in a hit/per time unit vs total hit points of damage taken. Frequently enough, if you don't set the combat to "peaceful" yourself, the animal will fail to do it and you'll kill it. Or the animal will run and you won't notice moments before landing one more hit that just happens to be the killing blow.

to note: this is true of any combat with animals, whether taming or if your goal is hunting for meat.

For taming, this is so untrue it's painful. You can tame an animal in 1 big hit if you know the thresholds and damage you'll do. Quick barrage or ua is easier though. Also when taming the animal reaggros pretty quickly so not peaceing before the fight is quite bad, even with no more hits you've gotta do it very quickly before it's too late.

Hunting for meat is just reaggro cheese or be faster than the animal in some other cheesy way.
Glorthan

Postby havenman » Thu May 21, 2020 8:52 am

darkgore wrote:
havenman wrote:what is toggle the "peaceful" "aggressive"?
a -> t -> can't find

At the top right of the screen when you are attacking you will see two crossed swords, touch them and change to peaceful (swords and a twig). For taming, as soon as you start aggroing the animal you must toggle to peaceful or the animal will not separate and you will kill it.

it's indicator was hidden by map
I didn't notice it Toggle,

ok thank you I think it will succeed next :lol:
havenman
Under curfew

Return to How do I?