Ways to gain experience

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Ways to gain experience

Postby CryCryBaby » Thu May 21, 2020 9:47 am

Good afternoon!

Tell me, how can I get a lot of experience? We are talking about at least 30 thousand on an ongoing basis.
I travel everywhere, look at mussels and swans, eat, sit down, light a stove, lift a chest, look into the water and try to do it every day. But I get only 4-5k exp.
How do you do this? I saw a screenshot from 65k exp in this world.
CryCryBaby

Re: Ways to gain experience

Postby Headchef » Thu May 21, 2020 9:55 am

You need to quest to get significant experience the alternative is own a realm but probably not realistic so just make quests and hope you get lucky and dont get +1 to local bullshit or lp/hunger reduction..
Headchef

Postby CryCryBaby » Thu May 21, 2020 11:42 am

Headchef wrote:You need to quest to get significant experience the alternative is own a realm but probably not realistic so just make quests and hope you get lucky and dont get +1 to local bullshit or lp/hunger reduction..

It sounds like it doesn't suit me. Quests have always been the least favorite part of the game for me.
Anyway, thank you.
CryCryBaby

Postby Headchef » Thu May 21, 2020 2:57 pm

CryCryBaby wrote:
Headchef wrote:You need to quest to get significant experience the alternative is own a realm but probably not realistic so just make quests and hope you get lucky and dont get +1 to local bullshit or lp/hunger reduction..

It sounds like it doesn't suit me. Quests have always been the least favorite part of the game for me.
Anyway, thank you.

Yeah pretty much everyone hates it but they attached overpowered rewards to it so people who play this all day can get a significant advantage for their time spent.

And regular people need to do it every once in a while to get some xp to replenish for study curio and ocassional small hearth magic :roll:
Headchef

Postby MagicManICT » Thu May 21, 2020 4:17 pm

Read up on "experience farms." It's a bit of an exploit of the mechanics, and it's not as big as doing quests, but will help. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=51451&hilit=experience+farm#p680668
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to How do I?