Minehole clearance

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Minehole clearance

Postby Oddity » Sat May 23, 2020 3:22 am

How many empty tiles do I need around the top (surface) of a minehole to be able to travel from the bottom layer upwards without getting "not enough room" (or whatever the error message is)?

Is it ok to just have a single empty tile between a gate and the minehole on one side, and walls tightly packed against the minehole on all other sides, like this?
Attachments
minehole_walled.png
minehole_walled.png (1.63 KiB) Viewed 564 times
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Re: Minehole clearance

Postby bitza » Sat May 23, 2020 3:39 am

should be fine that way. you can always do a practice run using a roundpole fence
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby bmjclark » Sat May 23, 2020 4:23 am

Oddity wrote:How many empty tiles do I need around the top (surface) of a minehole to be able to travel from the bottom layer upwards without getting "not enough room" (or whatever the error message is)?

Is it ok to just have a single empty tile between a gate and the minehole on one side, and walls tightly packed against the minehole on all other sides, like this?

Im pretty sure that error hasnt actually been a thing since legacy. At very least i've never had any issues with it.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Amanda44 » Sat May 23, 2020 7:34 am

@ Oddity ... yeah that works. :)

(Occasionally you come up on the other side if entering from a different direction but you can either go back down and up again or with the right positioning can squeeze along the side wall.)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby FrankMcFuzz » Wed May 27, 2020 6:53 am

Minehole clearence is important if you want to close the door behind you, without wanting to come back up and close it then go back down.

But it's less important if you don't wanna give tunellers room to place a wrecking ball lol.
FrankMcFuzz

Postby Kearn » Thu May 28, 2020 11:15 am

this works fine (at least with the gate open). just sticks you in the middle of the hitbox
Kearn

Return to How do I?