Does anyone know what the siege rules are any more?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Does anyone know what the siege rules are any more?

Postby Felon » Sat May 23, 2020 8:45 am

Do catapults damage walls? Do they need 2 hours to dry or 24? Do archery towers attack wrecking balls? CAN BATTERING RAMS MOVE? HOW FAR? WHEN? HOW LONG DO THEY TAKE TO REPAIR? What are the rules to this game right now??
Felon

Re: Does anyone know what the siege rules are any more?

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat May 23, 2020 8:50 am

no
not applicable / not specific enough
no
yes
~8.5 tiles
as soon as they're built
1hr
don't do anything jorb doesn't like
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Oddity » Sat May 23, 2020 6:29 pm

No continuous changelog page + wiki barely updated anymore because nobody can keep up with this crap = who even cares how the game works at this point :cry:
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby Tamalak » Sat May 23, 2020 7:47 pm

Do archery towers attack wrecking balls?
no

Wait, so if I guard a wrecking ball for 24h and not let anyone attack it I can sidestep the entire siege chess thing?
Tamalak

Postby Nightdawg » Sat May 23, 2020 8:06 pm

Tamalak wrote:Wait, so if I guard a wrecking ball for 24h and not let anyone attack it I can sidestep the entire siege chess thing?

You can't put a key on a wrecking ball, anyone can disassemble it.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby MagicManICT » Sun May 24, 2020 3:58 am

Nightdawg wrote:
Tamalak wrote:Wait, so if I guard a wrecking ball for 24h and not let anyone attack it I can sidestep the entire siege chess thing?

You can't put a key on a wrecking ball, anyone can disassemble it.

that would be the point of guarding it...

Sure, if you want to guard it 24 hours straight so that nobody messes with it, then all the more power to you. If the claim owner is only semi-active, or in an out of the way place, there is a good chance you won't even have to guard it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Nightdawg » Sun May 24, 2020 3:33 pm

MagicManICT wrote:that would be the point of guarding it...

Sure, if you want to guard it 24 hours straight so that nobody messes with it, then all the more power to you. If the claim owner is only semi-active, or in an out of the way place, there is a good chance you won't even have to guard it.

It takes a couple of seconds and a naked alt to disassemble it, that's what I meant. And you can't stop naked alts, cause they're infinitely disposable. You'd have to surround the wrecking ball with alts too.
I think spending 22.5 hours in a video game only *actively idling* (if that makes sense) without being able to take even a 2 minute break to go to the bathroom isn't a very viable strategy.

So we can't really "sidestep" the entire siege chess this way, unless the claim is inactive, as you mentioned. :D
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby MagicManICT » Sun May 24, 2020 5:07 pm

I was thinking more making a naked alt wall around the wrecking ball to guard it, and then sticking around to make sure that nobody could come along and push anyone out of the way... naked alts work both directions.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Kuddie » Sun May 24, 2020 7:54 pm

MagicManICT wrote:I was thinking more making a naked alt wall around the wrecking ball to guard it, and then sticking around to make sure that nobody could come along and push anyone out of the way... naked alts work both directions.

This seems like a valid strategy for those of us that play alone but still interested in the raiding part of the game.
Kuddie

Postby jorb » Sun May 24, 2020 9:09 pm

We probably need to maintain a central point of accurate info on this.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Next

Return to How do I?